GDT: GAME #1... Canucks vs. Flames | Sportsnet, 7:00 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
As annoyed as I am with Green’s treatment of Hutton, I have to respect that he didn’t include Gagner on his final roster and that he’s benching Schaller for his underwhelming performance.

Of course, as others have mentioned, it makes the contracts Benning chose to gave out look that much worse.

Still no update on Del Zotto, who missed practice.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Jason Botchford‏Verified account @botchford
FollowingFollowing @botchford
More
schaller, gagner and hutton ($7.85 m in salary) can't make canucks opening night roster
11:30 AM - 3 Oct 2018

Eriksson arguably should be sitting as well (on any other roster he likely would be) so you can add $6 million to that. And hey, if Juolevi had developed on par Gudbranson would be scratched as well, so you can add another $4 million...

$17.85 million of crap.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Despite all their flaws last year... the team came ready to work and would claw to come back or stay in it in so many games...

What? No we didn't.

We were a slow, crappy team with lots of soft skill players which was terrible defensively, terrible on the PK, had a terrible goal differential, and was largely kept afloat by a good PP.

Other than the Sutter-Archibald-Gaunce line and the Tanev defensive pairing, this team was soft lazy garbage last year.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Needs some value in Daily Fantasy on draft kings tonight and like the Canucks here. Could you guys inform me if you would be comfortable playing Pettersson and who is QB the PP?

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
Wait, wait, wait. Hutton didn't make the team? But Pouliot did? That's outrageous. Honestly, truly, completely ridiculous. I thought Hutton looked decent in preseason. Pouliot looked like melted cheese.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Needs some value in Daily Fantasy on draft kings tonight and like the Canucks here. Could you guys inform me if you would be comfortable playing Pettersson and who is QB the PP?
EP seems to be the "QB" in the sense that he seems to handle the puck the most on the PP, along the half wall.

Edler is the lone dman at the point, with Boeser on the opposite side of EP as the trigger man for one timers.

Baertschi is in the slot doesn't handle the puck much. Horvat is at the side of the net or in front.

Reactions: TLEH

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
In the past 24 hours $5.2 mil/year worth of UFA contracts signed in the last 15 months have been waived or sitting in the press box for game 1 of the season.....

Solid GMing.

Not even taking into account whatever the heck is going on with Del Zotto.

Reactions: Jyrki21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad