GDT: GAME #1... Canucks vs. Flames | Sportsnet, 7:00 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
What? No we didn't.

We were a slow, crappy team with lots of soft skill players which was terrible defensively, terrible on the PK, had a terrible goal differential, and was largely kept afloat by a good PP.

Other than the Sutter-Archibald-Gaunce line and the Tanev defensive pairing, this team was soft lazy garbage last year.
Many games where we continue to fight and claw back from an early deficit... how many games did we give up a goal or 2 in the first 5 mins? Felt like all of them.
But we would claw back in despite the gut punch softies...

We didn't do that softly skating around the rink saying 'oh excuse, trying to skate thru'.

Team never gave up on or stopped playing for Green like you've seen from some teams over the years around the league.

It's Lazy to paint the season like you just did.

So anyways... need less gut punch, first 5 min/5 shot goals please.. that will help to start, thanks.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Wait, wait, wait. Hutton didn't make the team? But Pouliot did? That's outrageous. Honestly, truly, completely ridiculous. I thought Hutton looked decent in preseason. Pouliot looked like melted cheese.

i has a confuse. where is it stated hutton didn't make the line up? if he didn't make it and mdz didn't make it then that would mean biega is in?

Hockeyphysio

Jul 2, 2018
Wait, wait, wait. Hutton didn't make the team? But Pouliot did? That's outrageous. Honestly, truly, completely ridiculous. I thought Hutton looked decent in preseason. Pouliot looked like melted cheese.

Yea agree except I think Pouliot looked like digested cheese

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
oh wait, botchford says hutton is scratched. not seeing that confirmed anywhere else.
Yes, that's where I saw it. If true, it makes no sense whatsoever. Hutton isn't a pristine, shining, gold idol of excellence, but he's way better than Pouliot.

Curmudgeon

Aug 18, 2018
Looking forward to seeing Pettersson, Boeser, Horvat, and maybe Virtanen and Goldobin. The rest not so much.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Schaller already scratched, great start for the FA signings.

Green’s special treatment of Pouliot is starting to get really irritating.

Reactions: THE Green Man

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Just to continue my point from the other thread;

Someone has to score so when a player who has been a grinder their entire career puts up 20-25 goals don’t expect it to be the norm it could easily be due to the amount of pp ice time and deployment they get ala grandlund a few years ago.

This of course doesn’t apply to a Peterson or horvat/ Boeser who are expected to play that role and have shown the talent to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad