Post-Game Talk: Game 1 at Dallas - TUUKKA!!!!! BRUINS 2 Dallas 1 FINAL

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I hope Polak is ok but I don’t think Jack was wrong it what he said and he obviously stopped right away once he saw how serious it was.

Polak is constantly trying to make hits like this and misjudged the situation, hesitated and fell. I don’t think he realized Wags is a bit faster than he though and that he was able to get out of the way.

The manufactured outrage on Twitter is predictable and eye rolling.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
They looked like the Harlem Globe Trotters in the first but were outplayed in the 2nd and 3rd.

I thought Rask, Gryz, McAvoy, Carlo, Kuhlman, Heinen and Coyle were really good.

I thought Krug, Marchand, Bergeron and Pasta were awful by their standards. Krug in particular looked slow and dare I say lazy at times.

Hopefully those big guns are just rusty from a lack of playing time in preseason.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Overall a win is a win. Coyle and heinen were outstanding together. Tuukka looked great. PP1 looked lost. Dallas actually had more shots on goal on bruins net than the bruins did in 4:05 of PP1 ice time. According to bruins_stats on Twitter Dallas PK outshot Bruins PK 2-1 in that time span.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Power failure during my sleep started the warning buzzers because my oxygen quit. Now wide awake.

As I stated earlier the number 1 offensive line showed me nothing but we won.

Good win for the first game. Need to play full 60 minutes, no taking off the second period.

Go Bruins off to Arizona.

Reactions: BMC and Strafer

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I hope Polak is ok but I don’t think Jack was wrong it what he said and he obviously stopped right away once he saw how serious it was.

Polak is constantly trying to make hits like this and misjudged the situation, hesitated and fell. I don’t think he realized Wags is a bit faster than he though and that he was able to get out of the way.

The manufactured outrage on Twitter is predictable and eye rolling.

What brick said was fine with the “self induced” because polak definitely put himself in that situation. However Jack Edwards saying it was “bad hockey karma” as Polak is laying near motionless on the ground is embarrassing for Edwards. Obviously jack had no idea it was severe enough to result in a situation where Polak would need to be taken off in a stretcher, but He absolutely needs to use some restraint with what he says. Every year there’s 2-3 instances of something like this coming from him.

Reactions: lopey

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
It's one game, so let's maybe give Bergy's line some time to get going. We know when they're on, they're one of – if not THE – best line in hockey.

But if they continue to look out of sync, sure try someone else on RW. Heinen, Ritchie... maybe. If Backes's skating has improved, maybe even try him. Maybe they'd benefit from a physical presence like that.

Kulman has looked good so far. Crazy to think of him not in the top 6. But maybe balanced lines is the better way to go overall. With Krejci back, and Coyle as 3C, there are so many options.

Marchand - Bergeron- ??
DeBrusk - Krejci - Pasta/Kuhlman
Heinen - Coyle - Kuhlman/Pasta

It's more like maybe we need to start thinking about the team as not the Top 6 / Bottom 6, but rather the Top 9 and the 4th line.

Then imagine adding that long-sought-after rugged scoring RW at the trade deadline. Or what if Bjork gets called up and delivers. There are so many emerging prospects, some will need to become trade fodder to get that RW.

One way or another, I think this organization's depth will deliver dividends this season.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
A scrappy, unconvincing win but as an opener on the road we'll take it. Dallas are very hard to break down, especially at home, so it's no small feat to come away with the full points. That said we were probably a little fortunate to nab a couple early when things were more unsettled, as the Bs were outplayed in the last 2 periods and without that scoreboard pressure it may easily have been a different result.

Big ticks for Coyle and Heinen, and Ritchie and Lindholm did their bit in their first proper outing. The D was mostly fine enough, although Krug in particular seemed a little off. Rask was his usual calm, competent self.

Carlo needs to work more on his shot. He's starting to get into good scoring positions more often, which is a plus, but then his shot is often so tame that they're no threat. I feel like it's something he can and hopefully will get better at.

The 1st line was poor. I'd give them time to find their feet though - maybe 5-6 games. If they're still struggling at that stage then as others have said I think they need to look at changing something as their postseason was obviously very patchy as well so there's a definite trend there. A couple of other carry-overs from last season too - yet another weak 2nd period in particular, and a few times when they just looked to be battling a bit without too much cohesion.

But very early days, so let's just see what develops. A decent start.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Now this is kinda silly to suggest but from my couch it looked like 1st line could use Bjork yesterday. Someone who would push a little harder, rush down the boards, so Pasta could put himself in the fancy position to score.

1st game, October just started, the marathon is on.

2 pts, great start.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Alot of Bruins main rivals will not beat Dallas in Dallas in my opinion, so big win even though just 1st game of year.It still felt a bit weird watching them cause I shut hockey out of mind after last loss .So starting on road might be a good thing so fans can get back into it before hone opener.:D
Great point

Dallas will end up something like 27-10-4 at home

This was a biggie as crazy as sounds

Reactions: Strafer and Dizzay

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Usual suspects.

Roope Hintz looks like a gamer, they added Pavelski.

Lindell, Heiskanen, Klinkberg, couple of vets on the back end.

Bishop, Dobby....yeah that's a good team.

Reactions: Saxon Eric and DKH

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
They looked like the Harlem Globe Trotters in the first but were outplayed in the 2nd and 3rd.

I thought Rask, Gryz, McAvoy, Carlo, Kuhlman, Heinen and Coyle were really good.

I thought Krug, Marchand, Bergeron and Pasta were awful by their standards. Krug in particular looked slow and dare I say lazy at times.

Hopefully those big guns are just rusty from a lack of playing time in preseason.

It's early and I'm a paranoid person but kept saying "man, that contract things is already bothering him"... First line is still pass first happy, needs to change.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Bergeron won only 8 of 20 faceoffs. :help:

Why have him take that many? The other guys all did better than him.

I'm not convinced he's as healthy as he would have us believe.
I thought he looked off in skating. Did not look like 100% Bergy to me.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I mean this is kinda the thing, Jack...ya gotta know this before you say anything. .

Polak is a dirty hitter...but he’s not in the Cooke or Ott class where that reaction should be put out there.

Have some restraint.

He's a tool. Had the Dallas guy said that about Marchand this place would have gone bananas. I honestly think Jack Edwards likes being the story after games for real. He's a clown

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad