Event Summary

Play by Play

Faceoff Summary

Faceoff Comparison

TOI Bruins

Last edited:

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Defensively they played well. Need to quit pulling the Brad Marchand changes.

Offense needs a lot of help. Top line MIA still.

Reactions: Bodit9 and Blowfish

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
From the happy place from before!

Backes played better than Marchand, pasta and Bergeron. If he scores 40
Goals this year... people like you will hate him.

I come here not to poop on David but to lament his inability to excel.

I would grab the staff raise it high pour the pints and lead the band if he were a force tonight.

He really needs to be top 6 to justify being a Bruin.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
It's Game 1. You figure there's going to be sloppy play, so things will improve. That being said, here are some thoughts:
  • Chara's skating isn't a disaster, but it's scary, and it's not going to get better as the year goes on. You use him on the penalty kill and protecting a lead at the end of a game, but otherwise his minutes need to be managed (and limited).
  • Coyle and Heinen have continued their strong play from the preseason. I'm excited to see what they can do this year.
  • Something needs to happen with the 1st line. My preference would be to split them up, but if that doesn't happen, they need to change what they've been doing.
  • Rask was calm, cool, and collected. It's probably a good time to remember that the last time they lost in the Stanley Cup Final he went out and won the Vezina the following year.
  • I think Backes might be a marginally better skater than he was last year. I hope a young player forces him out of the line-up (or maybe it will just happen when they're fully healthy).
Overall, we won't know what we have until everyone's healthy, but it's always good to get a road win.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Alot of Bruins main rivals will not beat Dallas in Dallas in my opinion, so big win even though just 1st game of year.It still felt a bit weird watching them cause I shut hockey out of mind after last loss .So starting on road might be a good thing so fans can get back into it before hone opener.:D

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
That was an intense game. The Bruins looked good.

The amount of plays Carlo shuts down, turns over and moves up the ice is ridiculous.

Kuhlman was flying. No one looked bad but I'd like to see Lindholm try to make a few plays.

I also want to point out on play in the 3rd. Heinen was one-on-three and he does the smart thing and dumps it in but goes hard after it, wins it, gets it to the point and then deflects the point shot. It was a thing of beauty. He's going to have a big year.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Feck it, lets be positive!

How bout those two Karson Kuhlman chances, that first one my own hands thought they might have got it back on the forehand but that's easy to sat from home.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Alot of Bruins main rivals will not beat Dallas in Dallas in my opinion, so big win even though just 1st game of year.It still felt a bit weird watching them cause I shut hockey out of mind after last loss .So starting on road might be a good thing so fans can get back into it before the home opener.:D

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
It's Game 1. You figure there's going to be sloppy play, so things will improve. That being said, here are some thoughts:
  • Chara's skating isn't a disaster, but it's scary, and it's not going to get better as the year goes on. You use him on the penalty kill and protecting a lead at the end of a game, but otherwise his minutes need to be managed (and limited).
  • Coyle and Heinen have continued their strong play from the preseason. I'm excited to see what they can do this year.
  • Something needs to happen with the 1st line. My preference would be to split them up, but if that doesn't happen, they need to change what they've been doing.
  • Rask was calm, cool, and collected. It's probably a good time to remember that the last time they lost in the Stanley Cup Final he went out and won the Vezina the following year.
  • I think Backes might be a marginally better skater than he was last year. I hope a young player forces him out of the line-up (or maybe it will just happen when they're fully healthy).
Overall, we won't know what we have until everyone's healthy, but it's always good to get a road win.
Kuraly and Wagner can motor . Bjork wouldn’t be a “ checker “ playing with those two . He could boost that line .

Reactions: Salem13

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Bergeron won only 8 of 20 faceoffs. :help:

Why have him take that many? The other guys all did better than him.

I'm not convinced he's as healthy as he would have us believe.

Reactions: OV and Strafer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad