Pre-Game Talk: Game 1 - 1/14 7:07 pm - Hibernation ends in beautiful downtown Newark - NESN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
giphy.webp

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Not sure why, but I have way less excitement and interest this year than any other year I ever remember since I started being a Bruins fan in 1983. It must be from COVID and everything that has come from it, but it feels strange. Hopefully things will change once games start for real. Anyone else feel like this?

All of what you said, plus the last two playoff exits have definitely dampened some of my enthusiasm.

Thankfully, last week my apprentice was asking me about the Bruins and hockey in general, and some good olde fashioned hockey yak got me a little more amped up. :)

Reactions: sooshii

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Not sure why, but I have way less excitement and interest this year than any other year I ever remember since I started being a Bruins fan in 1983. It must be from COVID and everything that has come from it, but it feels strange. Hopefully things will change once games start for real. Anyone else feel like this?
I feel the exact same way.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
While it will be strange watching them without Zee and Krug, I’m very excited to see what we have in some of our young guys.

Reactions: JOKER 192

FREDERIC82FAN

Adherent of JOHNNY V fanclub
Oct 9, 2017
I have to confess and probably I'm a complete fool for not knowing but wtf is the cookie thing?
HI Blowfish

I too have a confession. I was so excited, as BRIUNAURA pointed out, I asked for cookies in the PRE-GAME thread.
The cookies really belong in the GAMEDAY thread. They are a tradition to get us in the mood for Bruins hockey,
and then to celabrate a win.
The reference to the VACHON CAKES goes a long way back to when JOHNNY V was a beloved poster here. He was the only
Vachon-HomePage-GateauQC-EN.jpg
troll allowed by HAB FANS on their board.
I was a lurker then, but joined here partly because of him.
WHITESNAKE, a habs fan, used to come over here to be part of meaningful discussions.
I still lurk a lot to see what others have to say.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

I feel the total opposite of that. I can't wait for puck drop. I could watch hockey every day for 12 months a year. Covid era finds me with way more time on my hands so I'm particularly looking forward to hockey this year. First it gives me something to do and second I just plain love hockey. The summer months when things are normal are hard enough for me , but now we're getting longer breaks and less games. The only positive here is that once this season is over it won't be as long for the next one to start. These are strange days, with all that's going in the world I can certainly understand people who are not up for hockey though.

All that said, LET'S GO BRUINS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I feel the total opposite of that. I can't wait for puck drop. I could watch hockey every day for 12 months a year. Covid era finds me with way more time on my hands so I'm particularly looking forward to hockey this year. First it gives me something to do and second I just plain love hockey. The summer months when things are normal are hard enough for me , but now we're getting longer breaks and less games. The only positive here is that once this season is over it won't be as long for the next one to start. These are strange days, with all that's going in the world I can certainly understand people who are not up for hockey though.

Yeah , I’m a fish out of water without Bruins hockey to watch . I will watch a few movies / tv shows in the off-season and some football ( casual fan ) but I only do that because there is no hockey to watch . There will be hockey on my tv every night until it’s over .

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Today & tomorrow I will get exactly zero accomplished at work :laugh:

IMO we all need the distraction. If you just put your focus on everything that's going on you'll just wreck your mental & physical health. So take a step back and enjoy the game!!

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton

same. But it’s not just the Bruins. I feel disconnected to sports all together. Weird year.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
I’m happy it’s back. I’m blocking everything out in my head and getting ready for the season. I’m looking at the D for the most part . We will see if some of these young kids could handle it and if Cassidy has patience.

Reactions: BMC

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Cassidy in Sports Hub 98.5 this Morning ~ first guy mentioned was Lauzon. They really like him going forward as a shutdown guy.

He also said Miller practicing very well. Looks great.

Bruce said Rask & Halak being kept separated that they are very close off as well. Thought said Rask looks fantastic

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

Right on my brotha from another motha! I remember back in the summer of '95 when the B's got Scott Stevens and Shawn McEachern. I was elated and was discussing it with the foreman of a job. I was a sub-contractor there. I went on and on about hockey (it was around 90 degrees out). One of the guys blew up at me and told me to "shut up about hockey, it's baseball season." LOL

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
It was hard for me to get into the summer tourney hardcore, but I am pumped beyond belief for this season. From seeing how the young guys perform, to the bad blood that is sure to develop due to the scheduling, to having one of my fave non-Bruins now a Bruin (Smith), I am stoked for the season to begin. Go Bs!!!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Right on my brotha from another motha! I remember back in the summer of '95 when the B's got Scott Stevens and Shawn McEachern. I was elated and was discussing it with the foreman of a job. I was a sub-contractor there. I went on and on about hockey (it was around 90 degrees out). One of the guys blew up at me and told me to "shut up about hockey, it's baseball season." LOL

Kevin not Scott Stevens friend

Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Imagine if they had a crystal ball and picked Scott Stevens instead of Kluzak

top 4 with Bourque & Stevens

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Cassidy in Sports Hub 98.5 this Morning ~ first guy mentioned was Lauzon. They really like him going forward as a shutdown guy.

He also said Miller practicing very well. Looks great.

Bruce said Rask & Halak being kept separated that they are very close off as well. Thought said Rask looks fantastic

I like Lauzon. I like Kevan Miller. These are honest statements.

The team is screwed if either are counted on as thee shutdown option.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad