Galchenyuk's goal against the Leafs

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
mtl were cup contenders at the start of last season and they fell off the cliff real fast. Looks like the hype is starting early again haha ! One thing for sure is there will be a lot of drama and turmoil. There always is in mtl. They never learn the lesson

A4T1L6

Feb 10, 2015
Damn nice goal. Radulov is going to be real good with gally. Leafs need to wake up lol.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Yeah, it was definitely a nice goal.

But LOL @ everybody over reacting over a pre season goal. Based on this thread Andersen should be bought out, and Marner is getting demoted to Junior C. :laugh: never change, HF.

Galchenyuk is a beauty though.

Last edited:

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
mtl were cup contenders at the start of last season and they fell off the cliff real fast. Looks like the hype is starting early again haha ! One thing for sure is there will be a lot of drama and turmoil. There always is in mtl. They never learn the lesson

This,this is amazing coming from a leaf fan.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
I love all the " It's just preseason" excuses. When you beat our rookies in OT on Sunday, it was chest pumping time, now it's just preseason.

I don't think anyone was pumping their chest after that win :laugh: it was a fun game to watch, but it was pretty pathetic that we could hardly beat your AHL team.

buttman*

He went around a rookie forward with his back turned to him and tucked it in short side. Let's create a thread about it. Then let's create another about him being the best in his draft class. :facepalm:

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal

Coming from a leafs fran its pretty ironic, Toronto Always start strong and falls after xmas break, it's ALWAYS the year they make the playoffs. Im sorry of fan base can be happy about their teams performance!!

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
That was a slick goal. I've never been high on galchenyuk but it's hard to ignore a 30 goal season at his age. We'll see if he can improve even more this year. Lol at all the leaf fans trying to down play yesterday's game

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Not Marner, no grit on that kid, but I'm sure Rielly or Matthews would flatten him.

They both played that game tho? Toronto had their full NHL roster.

That being said Matthews is a bull, kid's a stud. Not really worried about Rielly (defensively) tho.

CanadiensforLife

Sep 11, 2010
Montreal

This,this is amazing coming from a leaf fan.

Yep, this is the true definition of irony. This, coming from a fan base who always over hypes their players and team. A team that had drama and turmoil & missed the playoffs for 10+ seasons in a row, who brought in JFJ, Fletcher, Burke and Nonis all to great fanfare, who traded 1st rounder upon 1st rounder. A team who signed mediocre players to mammoth contracts, never learning their lesson. Fans throwing waffles and sweaters on the ice in protest, booing their players off the ice. Then they wanted Phaneuf, Kessel etc traded. That's a fan base that never learn their lesson.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Habs fans need to chill, Leafs will be bottom 3 and are just a mediocre team. Calm down on the hype.

I don't know why it's so difficult to separate season prognostications with the goal itself.

This thread is about nice set of hands between radulov and galchenyuk, period. Discrediting the skill on that play with unrelated quips about how the season will end up is pretty silly.

Theres probably a good chance that the leaf will score goals which will end up on the main board too, but i can already see it being flooded with responses related to other things rather than the goal itself.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
They both played that game tho? Toronto had their full NHL roster.

That being said Matthews is a bull, kid's a stud. Not really worried about Rielly (defensively) tho.

Well no, almost though; no Bozak, JVR, Polak.

Toronto played terribly, probably the worst Leafs performance under Babcock.

Not sure why Habs fans are relishing this win so much, congrats I guess. Though from reading their GDT it appears as though many of their posters are obsessed with the Leafs (obsessed with hating them?) so that probably explains it.

Favourite quote from their GDT: "Take that Matthews!" Which was posted following Galchenyuk's goal, Auston wasn't even on the ice.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Not a Habs fan but fans of other teams (especially Leaf fans) need to calm down here. It was a nice goal all around. Nobody is saying Montreal will win the Cup, they are just appreciating a nice goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad