Galchenyuk's goal against the Leafs

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Yeah it was a nice goal.

Leafs were terrible tonight, Habs looked good.

So good they'll be good all year from what I saw in this game, tops in the east and unlikely to have a bad spell.

Leafs will struggle like everyone predicted and it's unlikely they'll bounce back from this one.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Considering Leafs fans were excited about their team after the win against the Habs B team earlier this week, I'm real good in comparison. :laugh:

No they weren't. Last season we had to wait 10 games for the Habs to name themselves contenders, this season it's the preseason. :laugh:

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Rielly earning that $5 mil contract...

Really, you're gonna blame Rielly on that play?

Michaelek should have still been on Galchnyuk so at least Rielly was covering a pass to the other side and if Radulov went to get up he could intercept the puck easily... He couldn't even of gotten to the puck in time anyways.

Marner made a bad defensive move (which will happen, he's a rookie) and Marincin was terrible on that goal, literally holding the MTL player in front of Andersen and not trying to move him at all for a good 5+ seconds.

Edit: If I'm Rielly I'm also anticipating a good chance that Radulov on his knees doesn't see/can't receive the pass (good job by him to take that pass and make a good play btw) and I'm taking that puck out of the zone on that play too.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007

Radulov's assist.

Nice hands, brutal defense. You could have drove a zamboni through all that space. :laugh: From what it seems the Habs brought the energy tonight and the Leafs didn't show up.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Sick goal. Lots of Leafs did not look good there, Marner especially got schooled. Good learning opportunity for the kid, though.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Is Marner just another rookie now? Didn't take long for the hype to wear off

What? There is tons of hype, but he is still a rookie and will still make mistakes. So will Matthews..

Like seriously there were 6 players dressed that have played a full season in the NHL, and the goalie was out 6 weeks from an injury and is playing with a new team.

Yes the Leafs looked bad, yes that was a nice goal, but christ, can we calm down with the hyperbole a little?

We are ALL aware mistakes are going to happen a lot this year. These kids aren't even 20 years old. Marner has been making tons of good defensive plays, but of course it's his flaws that get exposed.

This **** is the same thing that happened with Kessel. Other fans ******** on him endlessly, until he gets moved and then they all say it was Leaf fans.

Just calm down a little.

JA

They lost by 5 goals tonight. Start getting worried.
To be fair, the Canucks decimated the Rangers 5-0 in the final preseason game prior to the 2013-14 regular season. Henrik Lundqvist was chased out of the net after two periods.

The Rangers reached the 2014 Stanley Cup Finals. The Canucks missed the playoffs.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Strange how the game before they dominated against an NHL roster.

The one they lost?

Total domination.

Pyrophorus said:
You really think we'll lose 70 games, and by 6-1

Didn't they lose 6-3 in another dominant performance in the pre-season?

If everyone would just agree that pre-season doesn't count, we'd be better off.

As it is, too many people pick and choose when it's relevant.

Last edited:

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Habs fans need to chill, Leafs will be bottom 3 and are just a mediocre team. Calm down on the hype.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad