Player Discussion Galchenyuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He's never been given a real chance at center. And when he's been put there he's been far more successful than at wing. This really doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Now I'm guessing the go to plan is Drouin at center. I hope it works out. If it doesn't, we're seriously screwed.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
He's never been given a real chance at center. And when he's been put there he's been far more successful than at wing. This really doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Now I'm guessing the go to plan is Drouin at center. I hope it works out. If it doesn't, we're seriously screwed.

What gives me hope is that Julien can actually develop players the right way, unlike the buffoon we had before.

Chucky wasn't given the time he needed to develop at center, but, since he's been a winger for so long, and his first step not being his forte, I actually prefer him at wing, and I seriously hope they try him as a RW, looks way more confident attacking from that side, always had.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009

Yeah well I am expecting it won't matter anyways as RDS sings hallelujah from the high hilltops that a star center is finally back in montreal with danault as 2C. I am done with this organization. Stupid decisions after stupid decisions. We don't want to win, just be good enough that people will continue to make excuses that we aren't as poorly managed as we are. If we happen to make a nice playoff drive, great!. But it is NOT a priority.

41 years wasted on this organization with the first 17 being great. All downhill since.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
What gives me hope is that Julien can actually develop players the right way, unlike the buffoon we had before.

Chucky wasn't given the time he needed to develop at center, but, since he's been a winger for so long, and his first step not being his forte, I actually prefer him at wing, and I seriously hope they try him as a RW, looks way more confident attacking from that side, always had.
Seguin

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
Drouin
Galchenyuk
Danault
Plex

Could be decent centre depth. Why the heck not try it. We have strong enough wingers to make it work imo.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Marc Bergevin has all but ruled out that Alex Galchenyuk will play centre at any point. Says he's seen enough to know it won't work.

so it takes MB 5 years to learn something.....no surprise there!

E82

Feb 3, 2015
I just hope there's going to be some stability now. No more back and forth but since Drouin is not a proven commodity at C. I'm some more back and forth smh

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Hey guys, does he typically play LW or RW?

Just asking for NHL 18 purposes

He played LW in the past, probably as a default option since he's a LHS, but whenever he was a winger lately, he was better as a RW.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Will be interesting to see if Drouin's FO percentage becomes a mediat narrative like with AG.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
On topic : That's stupid. I have lots of issues with him being annointed as the 1C of this team... But he should nonetheless have been the default 1C. Or, at worse, in a 1A-1B setting, whether it's with Danault or Drouin.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Seems like Drouin will start as the top center
I read that Bergevin said that Galchenyuk at RW is a possibility

so:
Pacioretty - Drouin - Galchenyuk
Lehkonen - Danault - Gallagher
Byron - Plekanec - Hemsky
Hudon - Mitchell - Shaw

Galchenyuk's greatest strength is his shot. So having him on the half wall taking one-timers off of fore-hand passes from Drouin makes sense to me

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
What a joke of a franchise , this summer has gone from mediocre to horrible.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
MB: Galchenyuk isn't good enough defensively to play center

Also MB: Drouin is our number one center.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Been saying for a while now he will be a winger on the 2nd line. No way they put Pacioretty, Drouin and Galchenyuk on the same line. Lehkonen will most likely take the top spot on the wing with Patches and Drouin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad