Confirmed with Link: Galchenyuk,Flynn,Tinordi,Bournival,Thomas and Nygren gets qualifying offers

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
QOs are just a formality. I don't think Galchenyuk really cares about the amount of the QO.

Of course, that's obvious, it was just put in the post as part of the info.

It is there and Galchenyuk theoretically could accept the Qualifying Offer if he wants to extend just one year.

Last edited:

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Galchenyuk représente sans doute le dossier prioritaire de l'équipe, lui qui vient de retenir les services de l'agent vedette Pat Brisson. À sa troisième saison dans la LNH, le joueur de 21 ans a atteint des sommets avec 20 buts et 26 points.

TVA Sports... :shakehead

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Yes. Great idea let's just let young players leave for free. Jesus aren't you one of the people who always preaches about asset management?

Far to much attention is paid to point production by some fans, instead of noticing the play of Christian Thomas was very much like Brendan Gallagher's in his first stint with the Habs. It will not surprise me one bit if in fact, he excels this coming season, given the opportunities to succeed, he plays full out the entire shift every shift like it's his last, just as Gallagher does every shift.:nod:

Last edited by a moderator:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Flynn seems like s perfect bench guy. Literally came out of no where and gave a 3 point game in playoffs.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
That wraps up any other signings that need be approached at the moment, giving the Habs Brass their full attention to the tasks at hand, the Entry Draft, trades, UFA signings & free agent signings, before the Rookie Camp begins. Always time to deal with contracts once the QO's are made, no rush to be making them or losing an asset for no return.:handclap::handclap::handclap:

HabsDieHard*

That wraps up any other signings that need be approached at the moment, giving the Habs Brass their full attention to the tasks at hand, the Entry Draft, trades, UFA signings & free agent signings, before the Rookie Camp begins. Always time to deal with contracts once the QO's are made, no rush to be making them or losing an asset for no return.:handclap::handclap::handclap:

If a team signed Tinordi to a 1.2 million offer sheet and the Habs didn't match they'd receive nothing in return.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Far to much attention is paid to point production by some fans, instead of noticing the play of Christian Thomas was very much like Brendan Gallagher's in his first stint with the Habs. It will not surprise me one bit if in fact, he excels this coming season, given the opportunities to succeed, he plays full out the entire shift every shift like it's his last, just as Gallagher does every shift.:nod:

The problem is when you have one of the best teams in the NHL that struggles so badly for offense, any lack of offense is going to stick out like a sore thumb. 1 goal from Thomas, 1 goal from Beaulieu, Bournival going a full calendar year scoring a goal or thereabouts, etc... If the Habs were heavy on offense these things wouldn't stick out, but we aren't so they do.

It's hard to blame fans for being frustrated over the lack of offense, skill and production on a team that has the best goalie in the world and one of the top defensemen along with one of the best even strength goal scorers over the last few years. If this team could just add more skill and offensive punch there's no telling how far it could take us.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Take your own advice. Everyone is sick of hearing you **** on the guy. Give it a rest.

When I stated at the time of the trade I'd rather of given Kristo away for nothing instead of getting Thomas in return I got a lot of flak for making that kind of statement so I'm enjoying WTK's comments.

DogsFan*

When I stated at the time of the trade I'd rather of given Kristo away for nothing instead of getting Thomas in return I got a lot of flak for making that kind of statement so I'm enjoying WTK's comments.

The amount of time people in this forum spend dwelling on trades of players that amount to basically nothing is staggering. Nobody talks about Kristo/Thomas outside of these boards.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
The amount of time people in this forum spend dwelling on trades of players that amount to basically nothing is staggering. Nobody talks about Kristo/Thomas outside of these boards.

Without Thomas we could have spent the icetime we wasted on him developing a CHL/NCAA free agent instead.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I can't speak for Thomas, but Kristo was highly talked about on NCAA boards since he played for likely the biggest program in college hockey and was easily one of the best players in the NCAA as well as being one of North Dakota's top scorers all 4 years.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Who cares about the trade.. the guy is a horrendous hockey player who got a way longer look than necessary over players who could have actually helped the club in a positive way.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada

I still remember people lamenting over losing D'Agostini like he was ever a good player, or the surprisingly large and vocal contingent of those who would clamor for Ryan O'Byrne even after he had to leave the NHL.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I would've been fine with losing Thomas but I have to say I thought he did pretty well on a 4th line considering he's shown next to nothing in the AHL. It could've been a case of low to no expectations with him.

He's got fantastic wheels and seems to work hard. How the hell is he not producing at all in the A?

Shawarma*

In order:

Great, don't care, great, meh, don't care and don't care.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Why don't you guys like Flynn? He's really not as bad as some of you think he is.

He's as bad as DD or Parenteau in his own end and provides nothing more than an above average right handed faceoff skill on offense. There's several prospects drafted by the habs that I would play far before Flynn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad