Confirmed with Link: Galchenyuk,Flynn,Tinordi,Bournival,Thomas and Nygren gets qualifying offers

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
Not surprised. The only player I thought would be released is Flynn. His agent confirmed that are negotiating a new contract.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Not Thomas..

God no.. just go away.

Thomas may become a quality bottom six player. We were at our best this season when we had a young, speedy bottom six, with Bournival, Thomas, Sekac, and Andrighetto. Our record was the best (winning percentage wise) and imo we controlled the play best. Our team speed on all four lines wore teams down. When we went to a slower lineup with DSP et al, we became an average team in terms of speed and we were a .500 team.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
The only remotely surprising QO there is Nygren.
I mean, I would definitely have made the offer myself, but it was far from a given that he'd receive one.

I really don't care about Thomas and I don't care much about Flynn. No point in losing them for no reason at all.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

no surprise, just glad that they gave Nygren his QO, will be very interesting to see what happens to him over the next few years. Would have hated to lose such a skilled prospect for nothing.

Figured that Bowman would be cut lose. Wasn't sure about Tangradi but didn't really care if he was back or not.

Not surprised. The only player I thought would be released is Flynn. His agent confirmed that are negotiating a new contract.

Getting his QO doesn't mean much, it's just a formality.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Thomas may become a quality bottom six player. We were at our best this season when we had a young, speedy bottom six, with Bournival, Thomas, Sekac, and Andrighetto. Our record was the best (winning percentage wise) and imo we controlled the play best. Our team speed on all four lines wore teams down. When we went to a slower lineup with DSP et al, we became an average team in terms of speed and we were a .500 team.

If Thomas is playing bottom 6 on this team.. we're going nowhere.

He blows.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Why don't you guys like Flynn? He's really not as bad as some of you think he is.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Yes. Great idea let's just let young players leave for free, genius. Jesus aren't you one of the people who always preaches about asset management?

Thomas isn't an asset. He's going to either play in the AHL or get claimed on waivers. He's not even worth a 7th round pick.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yes. Great idea let's just let young players leave for free. Jesus aren't you one of the people who always preaches about asset management?

If he was an asset. He's ****ing awful.

Last edited by a moderator:

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
Why don't you guys like Flynn? He's really not as bad as some of you think he is.

Agreed. At least with Flynn I find we saw a lot more flashes than we've seen with other bottom six guys we've gotten over the years. He may turn out to be useless, but I'm not sold on that just yet. I think he might be a quality bottom six guy possibly. I'd be willing to give him the chance to prove it.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Agree about Thomas. Not needed.

Nygren's mom must be overjoyed. Her precious little son will still get paid to live at home.......safely tucked in his bed at night.........far from the evils in North America.

Looks like we are set for the season to begin. :sarcasm:

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Thomas isn't an asset. He's going to either play in the AHL or get claimed on waivers. He's not even worth a 7th round pick.

he would get you more then a 7th jesus christ. Players a month from retirement go for more then that. There is no harm at all to qualifying him. This strikes me as typical HF over reaction/complaining to hear your own voice. It's crazy.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
he would get you more then a 7th jesus christ. Players a month from retirement go for more then that. There is no harm at all to qualifying him. This strikes me as typical HF over reaction/complaining to hear your own voice. It's crazy.

Young players without NHL potential don't get anything. Players a month from retirement have played in the NHL for a long time.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Young players without NHL potential don't get anything. Players a month from retirement have played in the NHL for a long time.

I hard that Toronto was interested in him and Bournival last year.

I doubt he has a ton of value, but if we can get a 5th or 6th, that would be fine, take a swing at a high skill player a la Reway/Gallagher/Hudon.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Qualifying all these players was normal. Qualifying Thomas does no harm to you, to me, nor to my wallet, so I don't care. Bodies for the Icedogs or whatever they're going to be called for a season.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
I'm okay with the QO handed out. I'm on the fence with Thomas, as he has a decent ahot and works hard, but then there's not much else.

Flynn, I'm good with. He plays a service role and if he can come on the cheap, why not?

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
So, how much cap space is left now. $4.9M minus ...

Basic offers are as follows, but players can negotate a smaller NHL salary or larger AHL salary by choice:

Galchenyuk is eligible for one way for $874K,
Flynn is eligible for one way for $715K,
Tinordi is eligible for two way for $850K for NHL duty or $67K for AHL,
Bournival is eligible for two way $715K for NHL duty or $67K for AHL,
Thomas is eligible for two way $850K for NHL duty or $67K for AHL,
Nygren is signed in Sweden and offer will be rejected. It's only protecting NHL ownership rights.
Bowman and Tangradi most likely just gone now as UFAs.

I can't see Galchenyuk being too happy with that Qualifying Offer and no contract and will no doubt will just reject it.

http://www.habsworld.net/2015/06/montreals-required-qualifying-offers/

Last edited:

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Fans need to realize the way prospects are brought along by winning teams, players learn to play defence first, especially when they are already aware of their offensive abilities. Thomas is obviously whom I speak about, he played well for the Habs, it was to bad he was injured for the Tampa playoff series IMHO.:nod:

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
So, how much cap space is left now. $4.9M minus ...

Basic offers are as follows, but players can take a smaller NHL salary or larger AHL salary by choice:

Galchenyuk is eligible for one way for $874K,
Flynn is eligible for one way for $715K,
Tinordi is eligible for two way for $850K for NHL duty or $67K for AHL,
Bournival is eligible for two way $715K for NHL duty or $67K for AHL,
Thomas is eligible for two way $850K for NHL duty or $67K for AHL,
Nygren is signed in Sweden and offer will be rejected. It's only protecting NHL ownership rights.
Bowman and Tangradi most likely just gone now as UFAs.

I can't see Galchenyuk being too happy with that Qualifying Offer and no contract and will no doubt will just reject it.

http://www.habsworld.net/2015/06/montreals-required-qualifying-offers/

QOs are just a formality. I don't think Galchenyuk really cares about the amount of the QO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad