Confirmed with Link: Gagner, pick for Pronger and Grossman

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Yup. Players on LTIR count fully towards the cap.

Oh good. So there's some positive. Except for be fact that instead of paying actual players with our budget we will be paying imaginary players to operate under the cap floor.

What's the point of having a team? Really. Why aren't we actively rooting not for relocation?

SweYote

Jun 7, 2011
Lund, Sweden
Well the retention on Grossmann makes this better.

Better sure. But no use in adding Grossmann regardless of salary. Just sign another mediocre defenseman just like him in FA if you want that. Has to be at least a hundred available.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Because Grossmann is awful. I feel bad for his partner.

Let's grab Eriksson and Savard's contract next.

Well, I didn't want to believe it, but you were right. Can't believe we're taking on salaries of three who won't play for us.

I now have to ask you to step away from the keyboard, or we may wind up executing your last sentence! :sarcasm:

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
We were going to buy Gagner out. Slow skill guy who was free falling on our depth chart.

grossman adds much needed jam on blueline.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Come on, calm down. This is good for us. We need an older, stable presence on the blue line. He is a serviceable #3-4 and eventually a good #5. It isn't his abilities that we need - we need his presence in a room filled with players too young to legally drink. The cost for Grossman was Gagner, who needed to move out to make room for Domi, Duclair, Samuelson, Dvorak, Perlini, and whoever I'm missing and in whatever combination. Clearly these young and coming forwards weren't going to be put on the 4th line and neither was Gagner.

So, take a breath all.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
We were going to buy Gagner out. Slow skill guy who was free falling on our depth chart.

Grossman is a shot blocker like Z, but despite his size, he's not really a physical crease-clearer.

Still with Z gone we don't really have any shot-blocking types, so I don't mind it, just as long as he's buried on 3rd pairing at even-strength.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto

Pretty much how I see it.

Gagner's buyout would've been equal to Pronger's salary. Comes with a bonus of to get closer to the floor.

Also clears a RW spot for Perlini, Samuelsson, etc.

Grossmann for free. He's not fleet of foot but he'll boost the PK big-time.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona

Yeah, I wouldn't diminish the Grossman aspect of this deal. 6'4" 230 lbs., might just come in handy against the Lucic's of the west.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
Come on, calm down. This is good for us. We need an older, stable presence on the blue line. He is a serviceable #3-4 and eventually a good #5. It isn't his abilities that we need - we need his presence in a room filled with players too young to legally drink. The cost for Grossman was Gagner, who needed to move out to make room for Domi, Duclair, Samuelson, Dvorak, Perlini, and whoever I'm missing and in whatever combination. Clearly these young and coming forwards weren't going to be put on the 4th line and neither was Gagner.

So, take a breath all.
after I just threw up?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad