Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I don't get why Don is adding

Grossmann is worthless
Pronger is worthless

Gagner can be disappeared for 500k.

Why did he add?

Pronger's salary is $500k. So basically a wash with Gagner.

I see the trade as a pick for Grossman.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Grossman should be able to teach Dahlbeck and Murphy how to play in front of the net. He is only 30. To me this was backup plan to McQuaid. Would have much rather had McQuaid but this will do. Need a top RHD and move out one of Gormely/Moore for a center.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I wonder if they will try to run the team @48 million or whatever the floor is minus Pronger's hit.

Grossman is a decent warm body on D. No issue with picking him up for the mid round draft pick.

He's much worse than a discombobulated Klesla, someone who got ran out of town.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
this is ****ing horrid

I don't mind giving up the 4th for Grossman, fine. But Gagner wasn't that terrible to let Philly off the hook w/the Pronger contract.

pure crap.

Well, this better pave the way for additional trades, because as I see it, Grossman replaces Moore.

OEL/?
Dahlbeck/Stone
Grossman/Murphy

Available for trade: Gormley/Moore/Campbell

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
Love pronger. He's the type of player you hate to play against, but love to have on your team. Will he work for the Yotes front office?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Love pronger. He's the type of player you hate to play against, but love to have on your team. Will he work for the Yotes front office?

It's a paper transaction strictly for the cap hit.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
We're going to be lambasted for this. I'm not too happy about it personally. Toronto and Florida did it though I guess.

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site

Actually not a bad idea.

I would actually love the deal if Pronger can play some games. Too bad his mellon is just been through the crusher a few too many times. He would still be a force to be reckoned with, and solidify our 2nd pairing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad