Confirmed with Link: Gagner, pick for Pronger and Grossman

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Love pronger. He's the type of player you hate to play against, but love to have on your team. Will he work for the Yotes front office?

Pretty sure Pronger will remain in the Department of Player Safety.

I don't mind flipping a mid-round pick for Grossman (although it looks like Maloney really doesn't like to draft in the 4th, lol). But I don't like flipping Gagner for Pronger and giving the Flyers an out.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Mouser,

Does Pronger's hit count towards the floor if he is on LTIR?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Reasons why this is stupid for Arizona:

1) TBL is retaining 1/3 of Gagner's salary
2) Gagner is AZ top scoring forward still on roster
3) Chris Pronger's cap-hit only applies if AZ keeps him on the active roster, meaning he's going to eat up a roster spot all season long.
4) PHI was certainly eager just to be rid of Grossmann for anything at all, so no need for the extra crap added.
5) There is a risk the league comes after U.S. For this blatant subversion of the cap floor
6) The optics are HORRENDOUS, this looks SO bad on ownership

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
this is f'ing horrid

I don't mind giving up the 4th for Grossman, fine. But Gagner wasn't that terrible to let Philly off the hook w/the Pronger contract.

pure crap.

Well, this better pave the way for additional trades, because as I see it, Grossman replaces Moore.

OEL/?
Dahlbeck/Stone
Grossman/Murphy

Available for trade: Gormley/Moore/Campbell

I agree. I thought Gagner had got a lot better yet they were talking about buying him out. Now this. Grossman does not play big like the numbers suggest. I would rather play Gormley. I don't get the thinking on this one and Playfair hasn't made anyone better so he is not going to get better here. Just a dumb move, especially taking on Pronger's contract and for a LHD which we already have plenty of.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
3) Chris Pronger's cap-hit only applies if AZ keeps him on the active roster, meaning he's going to eat up a roster spot all season long.

I don't think that's correct. LTIR cap relief is there for safety reasons so you don't have to play shorthanded. His contract may count against the floor (IE you spent or intended to spend X amount entering the season, which is the floor) without being active.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Reasons why this is stupid for Arizona:

1) TBL is retaining 1/3 of Gagner's salary
2) Gagner is AZ top scoring forward still on roster
4) PHI was certainly eager just to be rid of Grossmann for anything at all, so no need for the extra crap added.
5) There is a risk the league comes after U.S. For this blatant subversion of the cap floor
6) The optics are HORRENDOUS, this looks SO bad on ownership

I agree.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Glad to get a veteran LHD to pair with Zbynek Michalek when he inevitably signs on July 1st, and it's good to see we freed up a spot on RW to let Dave Moss have more of a scoring role.

God, I can't even type that as a joke without wanting to cry.

Atrkl

Dec 31, 2007
Phoenix
Did Gagner just not like playing here or something? I thought he played up to my expectations of him

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I've been pining for Grossmann for a while. Would've just preferred to dump Korpi though.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Bruins are trying to move Savard's deal. We might end up with both. :laugh:

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
The worst part of all of this is that it lends credence to the BoH posters and their campaign to cast the franchise as sports' worst cluster****.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
No one knows because...

What the ****?

image.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad