Confirmed with Link: Gagner and Crombeen traded to Arizona for 2015 6th round pick

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Now this is a good start towards me regaining faith in Don Maloney. Keep it up GMDM and you'll get my apology soon enough.

You have been kind of hard on DM. Like I said yesterday, we have to wait and see how it all shakes out, and so far, so good.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
If you are a former London Knight, Edmonton Oil King, or Moncton Wildcat, you have a place on the Coyotes.

Care to break this down?

Knights:
Domi
Gagner

Oil king:
Kuldas
Samuelsson

Wildcats:
Yandle
Gormley

?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Care to break this down?

Knights:
Domi
Gagner
Dvorak

Oil kings:
Kulda
Samuelsson
Mayo

Wildcats:
Yandle
Gormley
Melindy

Rangers:
Boedker
MacInnis
Rieder

Good programs produce good players.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Well, we'll need to set up threads to thank Biz

It's going to be an interesting July 1st given the number of teams up against the cap with numerous players still needed to be signed.

I know at this point, unless it's our own home grown talent, I'm not up for doing anymore 4yr contacts worth more than $5m

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Very interesting that Tampa just moved Nate Thompson for a mid round pick. We could have had him. He's a good PKer, good on FOs, and is an energetic, physical, gritty 4th line C. We didn't elect to have him added to the Gagner deal. Why is that?

I suspect we may have a line on a 4C that we like even better than Thompson. Which is exciting, because Thompson is good.

McClement?

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Wow I did not expect to hop online and see all of this...I guess there isn't much to add at this point but I will echo what others have said...Gagner and an upgrade to Biz for basically free and with 1/3 salary retained is a shrewd move by DM. Only time will tell if Gagner can thrive here but it's relatively low risk for hopefully a medium to high reward.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
I'm loving this trade, but Crombeen is more of a punching bag than an enforcer. I don't mind him for the fourth line, and love the fact that he sticks up for his teammates. But his fighting skills are on Chipchura's level.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I think GMDM has already spoken to all the UFA's he wanted to bring in and found out that Airzona wasn't 1st on anyone's list and the money we could offer is lower than what they would get elsewhere...thus he had to go out and get a 3C.

We'll see if Gagner's defense is a product of the Oiler system or if he is truly a bad defender.

Here's hoping GMDM catches lightening in a bottle and we get the lockout Gagner rather than last year's Gagner.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I'm loving this trade, but Crombeen is more of a punching bag than an enforcer. I don't mind him for the fourth line, and love the fact that he sticks up for his teammates. But his fighting skills are on Chipchura's level.

At least we won't have to leave the fighting up to Yandle. Crombeen can actually play a regular shift. Biz I thought had improved, but I guess Donny and Tipp didn't think so and when he did play he was a 4 min a game guy anyway.

Plus Crombeen can actually PK, Biz had no business on the PK. Now all we need is to get Vitale and trade Chipchura and get us a scoring winger and we're done.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Really excited about this. Any Edmonton fans reading this thread, please tell us a bit about him.

Big Gagner fan here. A player that will thrill you with talent when he's got his mojo and confidence going. A guy with the moves, better passer than people give credit for and that can operate a good effective downlow PP from halfboards or anywhere else. Has also worked the point on PP.

Don't let the detractors freak you out. next to Taylor Hall Gagner was the best Oiler in lockout year which isn't long ago. unfortunately got his jaw busted right before the start of last season and came back way too early while eating out of a straw for a longtime. Gagner as a result had little jump or energy until Christmas and looked in pain and exhausted on a lot of nights.. it was a pretty substantial jaw/face injury.

My take is that Gagner is a very competitive guy that can get a bit down playing on a really bad club like the Oilers. When things are going well he's front center in it and well liked by teammates here. Gagner, on a club that is even 500 or better is going to be looking like a different guy. He's got one of the better attitudes in the Oiler lineup but through the years has played on a club with a lot of losers on it.

Oiler are yet again giving up on a promising player prematurely and just at the point where they are likely to hit prime.

enjoy

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
precisely why I said I don't mind him for the fourth line. I'm aware of his ability to play a regular shift.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I like what I see from Gagner's Twitter feed - seems like he's very community- and service-oriented. Good character guy.

Great community guy, as I stated very well liked player on and off the ice. Got devalued in Edmonton due to the Oilers penchant for #1 picks and Gagner losing lustre in comparison. This is a gifted player with better skill than people might think.

Character? Yeah, one of the most positive guys around and that has endured the ****storm that the Oilers have been for the last 7yrs. Gagner has been with the Oil for the worst time possible for a player to be here. For him to have to experience that starting as a rookie was undoubtedly tough but never complained.

Gagner also from the age of 18 on was being saddled with other rookies/inexperienced players even given his own lack of experience.

Last season was worst season but quite likely to spring back. Gagner was flying out of TC last year and was looking to continue the hot year he had he year before but getting his melon bashed in had a prounounced negative impact. no concussions on record though. Should be healthy.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
qWnkvyT.jpg

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Good ol' Fitz. Probably the classiest player in the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad