Gagarin Cup Playoffs 2021

Pick the winner!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Converting on the chances doesn't mean carrying the play. CSKA had almost twice the shots, (yes 1/2 were blocked) I haven't seen attack zone time stats wonder what they were
Also converting on chances, do you call lucky shot by dedunov or exceptional luck of Boucher who was out of play falling down and ended up with a puck on his stick? I mean really?

upload_2021-4-27_17-20-9.png

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Converting on the chances doesn't mean carrying the play. CSKA had almost twice the shots, (yes 1/2 were blocked) I haven't seen attack zone time stats wonder what they were
Also converting on chances, do you call lucky shot by dedunov or exceptional luck of Boucher who was out of play falling down and ended up with a puck on his stick? I mean really?
You sound like someone who is new to hockey :laugh: It's the playoffs, you take what you get. You can say Boucher was falling down, I will say CSKA's PP cost themselves yet another breakaway, it doesn't matter falling down or not, it ended up being a goal. It's not like Boucher dropped down from the sky in front of the CSKA goal.

And yes, when they have a lead Avangard sits back and blocks a ton of shots. That doesn't make them a worse team. It makes them a team that plays a certain way to get the result.

Anyway, if CSKA are the better team, they have to start proving it starting today.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
You sound like someone who is new to hockey :laugh: It's the playoffs, you take what you get. You can say Boucher was falling down, I will say CSKA's PP cost themselves yet another breakaway, it doesn't matter falling down or not, it ended up being a goal. It's not like Boucher dropped down from the sky in front of the CSKA goal.

And yes, when they have a lead Avangard sits back and blocks a ton of shots. That doesn't make them a worse team. It makes them a team that plays a certain way to get the result.

Anyway, if CSKA are the better team, they have to start proving it starting today.

I get all that...and like my physics teacher used to say is 1kg a lot or little? and the answer is - relative to what? I guess 36 years of being a hockey fan is new to some :)

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
О, этот миг, этот звёздный час
Знаем мы, что судьба за нас!
Приходи и за Омск болей!
Да здравствует хоккей!

I waited 11 years for that! Too bad it had to happen as "Avangard Balashikha" in a stupid season marred by pandemic but I will still take it. Wish I could be in Omsk now, must be a great night for them there!

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
I picked Avangard Omsk as a winner this year (voted in poll as well) so its not a big surprise for me but still - very good job, well deserved!

Reactions: Poiquets

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
First KHL game I've ever watched. That 1st period was great.
Welcome! When you pick your games right, or for some reason develop an attraction for some team, there clearly is some super enjoyable hockey to be found in the K.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Congrats to Avangard.

To sum it up.

79 playoff games
407 811 total attendance
5 162 on average

The numbers would be better if Avangard played at bigger venue (soon to be true). All in all, it is a great number for current times, undoubtedly the best in European hockey in 2021 playoffs. We can say this even thought some European championships are ongoing.

Reactions: Rigafan and wacko2

Pasha71

Dec 30, 2017
О, этот миг, этот звёздный час
Знаем мы, что судьба за нас!
Приходи и за Омск болей!
Да здравствует хоккей!

I waited 11 years for that! Too bad it had to happen as "Avangard Balashikha" in a stupid season marred by pandemic but I will still take it. Wish I could be in Omsk now, must be a great night for them there!

Sorry, the rhythm is atrocious.

Try this:

О, этот миг, сей звёздный час!
Мы знаем, что судьба за нас!
За омский "Авангард" болей!
Да здравствует, друзья, хоккей!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad