Gagarin Cup Playoffs 2021

Pick the winner!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
After the 2nd GC playoff round, the total attendance is 300k, average attendance is 5007. Since Avangard made it to the next round & having a small venue, the attendance may decrease.

If looking at other European leagues, the Czech league (TELH) has played also two rounds (pre-round & QF). A total of 31 games have been played, total attendance is zero (0).

Reactions: wacko2

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
After the 2nd GC playoff round, the total attendance is 300k, average attendance is 5007. Since Avangard made it to the next round & having a small venue, the attendance may decrease.

If looking at other European leagues, the Czech league (TELH) has played also two rounds (pre-round & QF). A total of 31 games have been played, total attendance is zero (0).
Since you've been so intent on updating on Minsk's achievements why not take a look at Belarussian Extraliga? They are about to begin finals, after all. With no restrictions on attendance, too. Game 7 of the semifinal series between Yunost and Zhlobin attracted 820 viewers in the 8800 capacity arena. I'd love you to analyze those massive numbers of that burgeoning hockey country.

Reactions: Jussi

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Since you've been so intent on updating on Minsk's achievements why not take a look at Belarussian Extraliga? They are about to begin finals, after all. With no restrictions on attendance, too. Game 7 of the semifinal series between Yunost and Zhlobin attracted 820 viewers in the 8800 capacity arena. I'd love you to analyze those massive numbers of that burgeoning hockey country.
Thank you for the update.

I follow just the top leagues in Sweden (SHL), Finland (Liiga), Switzerland (NL), Germany (DEL), the Czech Republic (TELH) & the KHL. They are considered the leading hockey leagues in Europe, so I follow them. It is not in my power to follow all leagues all over the globe.

Rufus T Firefly

Jul 8, 2020
Dominant showing by CSKA today. Not sure SKA has the firepower to put up enough goals to win 4 four games...

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
It's starting to look like maybe that Hrubec trade was actually worth it.

P.S. If it jinxes him so be it, I'm really tired of series where one team can't score to save their lives.

Reactions: Rufus T Firefly

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
Just a random comment, it feels like CSKA/SKA get all the hate for being so dominate but in the 11 years of the KHL there has been 6 different winners of the cup, i'd say thats not so bad.

Ok sure we might be about to see the next 15 years CSKA dynasty

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010

A quick update, after 69 games of the 2021 GC playoffs, the average attendance is 5141.

Sweden (SHL) & Swiss (NL) started the pre-playoff, just a few games played, the attendance is zero (0). The Czech league plays the semifinal, the attendance is still zero (0).

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Just a random comment, it feels like CSKA/SKA get all the hate for being so dominate but in the 11 years of the KHL there has been 6 different winners of the cup, i'd say thats not so bad.

Ok sure we might be about to see the next 15 years CSKA dynasty
What makes you say that? CSKA is loosing players every year, and the school hasn't produced anyone significant for a while. SKA is continuously feasting on CSKA products (Ozhiganov, Kuzmenko, Dyblenko etc...) as well as others. So I am not at all sure it's possible.
In addition ska has at least two farm clubs in the KHL (vityaz'/sochi), where their prospects get PT and then join SKA once they make progress.

Reactions: Rigafan

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
What makes you say that? CSKA is loosing players every year, and the school hasn't produced anyone significant for a while. SKA is continuously feasting on CSKA products (Ozhiganov, Kuzmenko, Dyblenko etc...) as well as others. So I am not at all sure it's possible.
In addition ska has at least two farm clubs in the KHL (vityaz'/sochi), where their prospects get PT and then join SKA once they make progress.

Thats fair, replace SKA with CSKA in my post and you get it!

Reactions: cska78

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
I saw only the second period, I genuinely can't understand how Omsk turned it around, Ak Bars was all over them...

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
I hope CSKA does not underestimate Avangard. Our style is too defensive, having players like Okulov, Shalunov, Slepyshev, Mamin, Leipsic - we need to attack more and put pressure on oppponent's D

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
A quick update, after 69 games of the 2021 GC playoffs, the average attendance is 5141.

Sweden (SHL) & Swiss (NL) started the pre-playoff, just a few games played, the attendance is zero (0). The Czech league plays the semifinal, the attendance is still zero (0).
An update

KHL average attendance 5214 after the Final #1. Since Avangard is in the Final, the average attendance might drop.

Sweden (SHL) with average attendance 2 fans/game, Finland (Liiga) & Switzerland (NL) with zero (0), the Czechs (TELH) without fans until final, the Final #1 with 477 fans, the Final #2 with 424 fans.

German DEL has not started the playoff yet, the regular season played without fans, avarage attendance zero (0).

jasonr90

Jun 11, 2014
Maine, USA
An update

KHL average attendance 5214 after the Final #1. Since Avangard is in the Final, the average attendance might drop.

Sweden (SHL) with average attendance 2 fans/game, Finland (Liiga) & Switzerland (NL) with zero (0), the Czechs (TELH) without fans until final, the Final #1 with 477 fans, the Final #2 with 424 fans.

German DEL has not started the playoff yet, the regular season played without fans, avarage attendance zero (0).

Wrong thread

KHL attendance thread

jasonr90

Jun 11, 2014
Maine, USA
Hopefully Avangards still this good with player recruitment when they move back to omsk. They were fine before though

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Hope the first game was a fluke...Looking forward to game 2. it is to our advantage, that we are practically playing the whole series at home.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad