Avangard (2) vs Avtomobilist (7)
Metallurg Magnitogorsk (3) vs Barys (6)
Salavat (4) vs Traktor (5)

Discuss :popcorn:
Any upsets you project?

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
As long as Jokerit can beat Loko they should have a fairly decent chance in the playoffs. The season has been a weird one, where they have played extremely well against the top teams but managed to lose against the bottom feeders. They've overall been the better team in all games against CSKA and had a small advantage over SKA, so we can potentially see the first non-Russian team play in the finals since Lev Prague.

... Aaand I just jinxed it ;)

Reactions: CPFC

Rufus T Firefly

Jul 8, 2020
As long as Jokerit can beat Loko they should have a fairly decent chance in the playoffs. The season has been a weird one, where they have played extremely well against the top teams but managed to lose against the bottom feeders. They've overall been the better team in all games against CSKA and had a small advantage over SKA, so we can potentially see the first non-Russian team play in the finals since Lev Prague.

... Aaand I just jinxed it ;)
Jokerit is playing all of their games away though, right? You don't think that will have a negative effect on the team? Maybe they're used to it by now, but constantly playing in front of the opponent's fans and on the road must make things a little harder.

....and hopefully I dejinxed it for you :thumbu:

Rufus T Firefly

Jul 8, 2020
Metallurg vs Barys is going to be one entertaining series if all the games are like this first one.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
SKA still getting outshot and Minsk having the lead.
- even thou, Minsk already have 4 x 2 min minor penalties, SKA have none
- hits are 19-13 favoring Minsk

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I would be surprised if Minsk even gets 1 win against SKA. They really haven't been good in the 2nd half of the season.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Good to see Goldy with a bit of a scoring touch. Promoted to top line today with Porky and Plotnikov. 3G+1A in 3 games already

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Today 11 913 fans in Minsk. The league´s average is 4 621 for the 2021 Gagarin Cup playoffs so far.

Reactions: wacko2

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Today 11 913 fans in Minsk. The league´s average is 4 621 for the 2021 Gagarin Cup playoffs so far.
Just for fun & the bigger picture. Other European hockey leagues are still playing their regular-season. So just a quick look at 2020-21 regular-season attendance so far. Guessing, the playoff numbers will be very similar

Finland (Liiga): 904 fans per game
Swiss (NL): 614 fans per game
Czech Rep (TELH): 116 fans per game
Sweden (SHL): 18 fans per game
DEL (Germany): 0 fans per game

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Just for fun & the bigger picture. Other European hockey leagues are still playing their regular-season. So just a quick look at 2020-21 regular-season attendance so far. Guessing, the playoff numbers will be very similar

Finland (Liiga): 904 fans per game
Swiss (NL): 614 fans per game
Czech Rep (TELH): 116 fans per game
Sweden (SHL): 18 fans per game
DEL (Germany): 0 fans per game
Wow, that's wild. It's almost like fans aren't allowed into the arenas for whatever reason. But yes, very fun.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Wow, that's wild. It's almost like fans aren't allowed into the arenas for whatever reason. But yes, very fun.
As I know the KHL clubs have been playing with the COVID restrictions all season as well. The regular-season numbers were lower than the current playoffs (so far). Perhaps the same will happen to other European leagues & the playoff numbers will grow up.

And yes, the comparison analytics is always fun.

Reactions: wacko2

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
For sure, top-notch analytics right here.

Talking about actual hockey, man Jokerit is getting hammered by Loko. Sure they have been pretty bad since NHL guys left but bad to this extent is still unexpected.

Poiquets

Oct 17, 2019
For sure, top-notch analytics right here.

Talking about actual hockey, man Jokerit is getting hammered by Loko. Sure they have been pretty bad since NHL guys left but bad to this extent is still unexpected.
I would not say that it's Jokerit who has been bad but Loko who has defended in a perfect way. Of course, in a sense Jokerit have been bad if we think about all the stupid penalties they have taken after they have have got frustrated by the inability to penetrate Loko defence. So, I would give credit to Loko, not bash Jokerit for their bad play. I would bash Jokerit for their very weak mental game and stupid penalties and some d-zone errors, however.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
As I know the KHL clubs have been playing with the COVID restrictions all season as well. The regular-season numbers were lower than the current playoffs (so far). Perhaps the same will happen to other European leagues & the playoff numbers will grow up.

And yes, the comparison analytics is always fun.

And this restrictions are the same everywhere right?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Today's game is a good example of a few things I've been thinking about for a while: 1) Is Morozov actual 1C of SKA at this point?; 2) Is he actually more important to them than Marchenko; 3) Is he a better prospect at this point?

Yes, yes, probably not? What do you guys think?

Looks like 13 056 fans in Minsk today.
As an analytics expert, can you tell me why does it matter, or is of note in any way?

Last edited:

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Today's game is a good example of a few things I've been thinking about for a while: 1) Is Morozov actual 1C of SKA at this point?; 2) Is he actually more important to them than Marchenko; 3) Is he a better prospect at this point?

Yes, yes, probably not? What do you guys think?

As an analytics expert, can you tell me why does it matter, or is of note in any way?
You as a hockey fan should be happy for such high attendance numbers in hockey match during this season. Of course, I will be the happiest fan ever when you come to inform us about such high numbers for games in hockey leagues of Sweden, Finland, Germany, the Czech Republic, Switzerland or other European hockey leagues this 2020-2021 season. I will carefully listen to you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad