Gagarin Cup Playoffs 2020 (UPD: Cancelled)

Winner?!

• Total voters

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Is it really on the agenda? I haven't really heard any news regarding the coronavirus from Russia, except for the mayor of Moscow limiting the capacity to 5000 spectators.
The latest from IIHF was they do not consider Russia. If anything then cancelation.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Is it really on the agenda? I haven't really heard any news regarding the coronavirus from Russia, except for the mayor of Moscow limiting the capacity to 5000 spectators.

I think, it's going to be Finland, who cancels the games. It more and more looks like panic in Europe. Sweden - Russia football friendly will be played without spectators, and a lot of tournaments have already been canceled.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well done Salavat. Really, these guys just mail it in during the regular season but when the heat is on, they are good. They are just good, you can't really argue with that...

Avangard, however, just really too bad all season long and as bad in the PO. Hartley will probably survive this but first thing he needs to do is go back to the way they played last year. He/they changed it up and obviously it has never worked. Atas said Hartley's hockey isn't going to work in the KHL and yet they have reached the finals, whatever this was, however, is definitely not working.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Well done Salavat. Really, these guys just mail it in during the regular season but when the heat is on, they are good. They are just good, you can't really argue with that...

Avangard, however, just really too bad all season long and as bad in the PO. Hartley will probably survive this but first thing he needs to do is go back to the way they played last year. He/they changed it up and obviously it has never worked. Atas said Hartley's hockey isn't going to work in the KHL and yet they have reached the finals, whatever this was, however, is definitely not working.
Yeah, Hartley's hockey is not working:naughty:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
AkBars - Salavat is happening. This time it should be worth it. I give the edge to Salavat. Their depth has more quality than our depth. Both teams with no real superstars in their prime. Their coach is at least a tad better too.

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
It
AkBars - Salavat is happening. This time it should be worth it. I give the edge to Salavat. Their depth has more quality than our depth. Both teams with no real superstars in their prime. Their coach is at least a tad better too.

It is really hard to predict who wins in the Green Derby. No matter how bad or good teems at the moment, they fight as if it is their last game. That's why we love it)))

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
Well, I would recommend to conduct games in Balashiha (Avangard's base) or Podolsk (Vityaz), they are near to Moscow and mayor's limitations are not valid there.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Well, I would recommend to conduct games in Balashiha (Avangard's base) or Podolsk (Vityaz), they are near to Moscow and mayor's limitations are not valid there.
I bet they can quarantene Novogorsk like a space centre if need be.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Finnish government has shut down public events/gatherings of over 500 people. So Jokerit won't be playing in Finland, if at all.
I guess this is the pros of running a team (or league for that matter) that is not gate driven – you could continue to play the whole playoffs without any attendance as teams aren't making a profit anyways :laugh:

Reactions: Jussi

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
Finnish government has shut down public events/gatherings of over 500 people. So Jokerit won't be playing in Finland, if at all.

And this has been confirmed where? Current situation is that they will play at home but in an empty arena, though technically they could fit in 500 persons.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
And this has been confirmed where? Current situation is that they will play at home but in an empty arena, though technically they could fit in 500 persons.

Well at the time Jokerit hadn't commented but due to the foreign ministry recommendation to not travel abroad, I don't see there being games played.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Finnish government recommending that everyone returning from abroad from any country to stay at home for two weeks. I don't see Jokerit able to play playoff games with that.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
It's up to them to decide whether they wish to self-quarantine, but the other alternative to home games is rather playing the full schedule in Russia.

Reactions: Exarz

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Finnish government recommending that everyone returning from abroad from any country to stay at home for two weeks. I don't see Jokerit able to play playoff games with that.
I might be too tired for to understand it, but what good would it make to return for two weeks if you for instance work abroad? See if they show any symptoms and then what, go back?

rohky

Jun 17, 2019
Reading
I hope SKA will play Jokerit. I can't wait to see both teams.

BTW, just spotted that Maxim Afinogenov scored his first goal in the KHL playoffs in more than 7 years! He is a lucky guy LOL Important goal right before retirement...

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I hope SKA will play Jokerit. I can't wait to see both teams.

BTW, just spotted that Maxim Afinogenov scored his first goal in the KHL playoffs in more than 7 years! He is a lucky guy LOL Important goal right before retirement...

That would mean that Jokerit players would be more or less quarantined at home for two weeks when they return home to Finland. Most likely SKA players too.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Didn't realise this was still happening, I will be cheering for Salavat because of Burmistrov :nod:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Love those personifications, Jokerit, SYu and Sibir especially.. No idea why CSKA is angry horsie though :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad