Gagarin Cup Playoffs 2020 (UPD: Cancelled)

Winner?!

• Total voters

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I must say Golyshev being back has a great effect on Avto, their line with Datsyuk and Belousov clearly the best so far. It's sucky thing he only enters the series at 0-3.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
It's sucky thing he only enters the series at 0-3.
It is almost unbelievable they lost those three games while being the better team in all of them, feel like this series still will need all seven games.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
It is almost unbelievable they lost those three games while being the better team in all of them, feel like this series still will need all seven games.
To me, it feels like Sibir will grind out one more win at any point. Can be game 5, can be 6 or 7. It's almost like if they score first, they win.

But overall, Avto is still alive. More so than Magnitka, for example. Because if the worse team (Sibir) can win 3 in a row, the better one also definitely can.

Dawes has been a huge disappointment to me, however. From his dropping point production, to failure with Kazakh NT, to this PO, he's just not the player he used to be, he's not carrying the play. Maybe he has some lingering injury but it also can simply be his age.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
How much trouble CSKA is having against Torpedo the last couple of games is pretty amazing as well.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Ok, I guess Loko thought that if they will have first three games as bad ones then they won't have bad games anymore... not like I get this kind of logic, but if it works. :dunno:

DivochLubo

Feb 28, 2007
They are fighting now. Looks like a competely different team from the one that played first games. Kayumov really can play in tight space, Denisenko look also good. May be they shall add some more of their younger players.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
So magnitka's journey is over. No surprise though. There was something wrong, from the very beginning. But the most interesting individual case is, at least for me, Andrei Loktionov. He was very good last year with Loko, I truly enjoyed his game. I know, change of scenery, blah blah, but man, he went from
16G+25A=41pts in 49GP, to
3G+10A=13pts in 60GP

And it's not like he was playing 10 minutes per game with scrubs

It's damn impressive (in a negative way)

edit: is Kaga injured or just healthy scratched all the time? I stopped following his stay in SKA

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
So magnitka's journey is over.

edit: is Kaga injured or just healthy scratched all the time? I stopped following his stay in SKA
Pretty much everyone's game just dropped like a brick there this year... The only guys who kinda did ok for what they are were Rasmussen, Nestrasil and Potekhin... A season to forget to everyone else... I guess the true winners are teams that will pick up those players on discount prices after the year like this.

And Kagarlitsky is scratched. With Yakupov. Just SKA things.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Another typical Avto - Sibir game. Avto keeps Sibir under constant steamroll but Sibir score first and win. Avto scored 1 goal in 3 home games this series.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
So magnitka's journey is over. No surprise though. There was something wrong, from the very beginning. But the most interesting individual case is, at least for me, Andrei Loktionov. He was very good last year with Loko, I truly enjoyed his game. I know, change of scenery, blah blah, but man, he went from
16G+25A=41pts in 49GP, to
3G+10A=13pts in 60GP

And it's not like he was playing 10 minutes per game with scrubs

It's damn impressive (in a negative way)

Kaga is one of the worst case SKA victims. They took a guy that worked and never gave him a chance. Just SKA being SKA.

Reactions: Exarz

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
The fact that Dawes-Holland-Sexton line wasn't on the ice in an empty net situation kinda says it all... Realistically, I don't think they need to change much. Sign Dawes (or his replacement) to at least 2 times lesser salary and get a real offensive Dmen. When Sibir obviously lets your Ds do pretty much whatever they want and the biggest threat at your disposal in that situation is Maxim Berezin, you know you are in trouble.

Martemyanov will probably get fired because that's the life of HC in Russia but at the same time, it can be a good chance for him to move up the ladder to one of the big teams.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
What? For what reason? Corona outbreak? If that is the case, it is a very stupid idea. That could do nothing at all.
Well most leagues just canceled their games but since this one isn't a league decision (as far as I know the league has basically not addressed the issue in any way) it's somewhat oddly capped at 5k viewers. I suppose that is so they wouldn't have to cancel all kinds of everyday low-key events but 5k seems pretty high cap for that.

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
Loko didn't get any production from the top guns, apart from Da Costa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad