Player Discussion Gaetan Haas: It's Gaetting Haas In Biel (Signs 5 year deal with Biel)

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
If there is better players to sign out there, sure. But not sure there is, with now 32 teams scanning the hockeyworld for players that checks plenty of boxes (nope there isnt)
But with him and Nygård gone, its getting exciting with having a hoard of new sognings coming in. It could even mean that Benson and Marpdy MAY get into the team(they should get at least a chance Tippet!!)

Belenos

Dec 31, 2010
Biel, Switzerland
Yeah, at 29 years old, this is basically his retirement deal. Swiss league pays pretty good as well, so likely making decent money. The average Swiss League player makes about $290K CAD per year. So you gotta figure a guy with a couple years NHL experience and who just got a long term contract is making more than that. So very likely making $350K+. After making just under $1 M USD each of the past 2 years, he is likely doing just fine. Good for him, wish him the best.
He will make $700K CAD at least, maybe even $800K CAD and will only have to pay around $150 CAD of taxes. For Swiss players it just doesn't make sense to play in the third or fourth line and only earn south of $1 M USD, at the end of the day you earn a lot less than back home.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Au revior mon ami!

Thank you for providing me with a fantasy team name for the ages (ItsGaetanHaasInHerre).

Best in luck in his homeland! He was probably one of the best penalty killers we had and sometimes showed high level skill.

Losing a guy like this and retaining Shore better mean Holland has big things in store. If our 4th line is Shore-Khaira-Kassian I won't be impressed.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
If there is better players to sign out there, sure. But not sure there is, with now 32 teams scanning the hockeyworld for players that checks plenty of boxes (nope there isnt)
But with him and Nygård gone, its getting exciting with having a hoard of new sognings coming in. It could even mean that Benson and Marpdy MAY get into the team(they should get at least a chance Tippet!!)

If anything, Holland finding guys like Haas and Nygard says that he's rather adept at finding talent overseas. Which could pay dividends if a guy develops into something significant or we can offload in a package for a player that can make a difference.

Reactions: SwedishFire

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Au revior mon ami!

Thank you for providing me with a fantasy team name for the ages (ItsGaetanHaasInHerre).

Best in luck in his homeland! He was probably one of the best penalty killers we had and sometimes showed high level skill.

Losing a guy like this and retaining Shore better mean Holland has big things in store. If our 4th line is Shore-Khaira-Kassian I won't be impressed.
Very well could of been haas wanting to go home, Holland wasn’t giving him a 5 year deal.

Reactions: OfCorsiDid

ZenOil

Fast Twitch Hitch
Sep 23, 2010
Vancouver
A smarter coach would have utilized him better. Had all the tools minus the offense. Did he ever play with gifted players or have consistent linemates to develop chemistry with? Nope. Not as bad as lettings Slepyshev go, but Haas is Nhl talent in my eyes.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Swiss players have the same opportunity that Russian players have with a well-paying, competitive league in their home country. It's difficult to retain such players in a bottom-6 role for that reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad