Gaborik vs Nash

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Gaborik's role would be even smaller. Geez, the guy could skate with a carton of eggs and not break any. How would be a better fit on this team then Nash? I am sorry but people that think that are high, stoned out of their minds.

I am not defending Nash he should be scoring more but just because he isn't, his role on the team isn't diminished nearly as much as Gabborik's would be.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Kopitar has been stellar this post-season. His performance is a big reason why Gaborik has 10 goals.

Whats disappointing about Nash is that the attitude going into the trade is that he could create his own offense. That hasn't been the case, especially in the playoffs.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Gaborik has had a better career than Nash. Gaborik has always been a low Maintenace goal scorer who has elite level touch around the net. He's been an elite goal scorer for three different franchises.

In 2003 in the Dead Puck era he had 9 goals and 17 points on a Minnesota team. Was Kopitar his center then?

No. He wasn't.

Then again, referencing 3 series from 11 years ago isn't much of a thing to base an argument on, is it?

BarbaraAlphanse

Kopitar has been stellar this post-season. His performance is a big reason why Gaborik has 10 goals.

Whats disappointing about Nash is that the attitude going into the trade is that he could create his own offense. That hasn't been the case, especially in the playoffs.

He's got a second or two slower since the trade. Still tries to pull off the same moves he used to.

BarbaraAlphanse

Hypothetically, if we won tonight and the Kings won tomorrow, when would game 1 of the SCF roughly be around?

3 days after the Kings end, as in Saturday night, or do we think the NHL will give both teams rest past their scheduled game 7's?

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Hypothetically, if we won tonight and the Kings won tomorrow, when would game 1 of the SCF roughly be around?

3 days after the Kings end, as in Saturday night, or do we think the NHL will give both teams rest past their scheduled game 7's?

I'd imagine they are on a set schedule with the network, etc, meaning there will be ample rest time for both teams should that happen.

Then again, Im a fan of a team thats been to the finals only twice in the last 40+ years, so I try not to think about that stuff right now.

BarbaraAlphanse

I'd imagine they are on a set schedule with the network, etc, meaning there will be ample rest time for both teams should that happen.

Then again, Im a fan of a team thats been to the finals only twice in the last 40+ years, so I try not to think about that stuff right now.

So if the Rangers won tonight, we could be looking at 7 days rest... that's pretty rough.

Vidic15*

Gaborok is playing for his retirement contract. Would any team have given him even a second look after the season he had? He's doing what he needs to do. Id stay away with a 10 foot pole in the offseason.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
And why was Gaborik traded in 2013 if he was so good?

52e30d686c239.preview-300.jpg

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I would think this would be pretty obvious by now. NYR chose style over substance.

NYROrtsFan

Feb 1, 2007
Oh how quickly the Gaborik hate has been forgotten

Unbelievable how so many around here have such short memories. People now talk about Boyle like he's always been appreciated and that it was only Torts who just played him too much. Now it's a Gabby lovefest.

People HATED Boyle and stupidly didn't appreciate what he brought. AND they hated Gabby before the trade. Now things change and people act as if they've always been that way.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
Let's not make Nash out to be Steve Kaspar. He's backchecking. The whole team is backchecking.

If you could rank skaters 1-18 in terms of overall contributions to this teams deep postseason run, Nash would rank near the bottom with the likes of Dorsett, John Moore, Pouliot and Dominic Moore.

That's not a bad thing, but let's not make Nash out to be some big time contributor. He's a role player, not an offensive threat and not a guy you can count on to provide offense.

I have a hard time believing this exact roster with a Nash/Gaborik swap would not be where they are today.

Depth, defense and goaltending - Nash has a very small role in this current teams postseason success.

What about Nash's 10 GWGs and 26 regular season goals that got us into the playoffs? How do you know we even make it let alone play Philly with home ice in Round 1 without Nash?

The Nash hate/Gaboriks love is so ****ing insane. Gaborik scored goals here, every other year. He scored them and he was a damn good goal scorer. But he didn't do **** for us in the playoffs. I don't care what he's doing in LA, because that is not indicative of what he'd be doing if he was a New York Ranger. It's apples and ****ing oranges. Root for your team and the players on it, we're one ****ing win from the Stanley Cup Finals. JFC.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
So we've identified three different postseasons in the CF with three different franchises where Gaborik outperformed Nash. And significantly outproduced in two of them.

Everyone has outscored Nash, the guy has had 2 playoff runs and has scored 3 goals. What the **** does this have to do with anything. Come on man, Let it go. We have Nash and we're a win away from the Stanley Cup Finals.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
What about Nash's 10 GWGs and 26 regular season goals that got us into the playoffs? How do you know we even make it let alone play Philly with home ice in Round 1 without Nash?

The Nash hate/Gaboriks love is so ****ing insane. Gaborik scored goals here, every other year. He scored them and he was a damn good goal scorer. But he didn't do **** for us in the playoffs. I don't care what he's doing in LA, because that is not indicative of what he'd be doing if he was a New York Ranger. It's apples and ****ing oranges. Root for your team and the players on it, we're one ****ing win from the Stanley Cup Finals. JFC.

I would agree with you 950 percent if I could mathematically.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Gabby has a center he is extremely comfortable with. I'm not sure that Nash has ever had to rely on that kind of comfort level until now. It becomes more important to him as I suspect his abilities are not what they were.

Gabby used to be more of a perimeter player, but adapted his game. You see him getting more goals closer in now.

Nash is adapting as well, but I see it in terms of being more defensively responsible. He needs to figure out how to create chances for himself in a tighter checking environment. He needs to spend a lot more time closer to the net deflecting point shots, potting rebounds off the scrambles in front and such.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
Unbelievable how so many around here have such short memories. People now talk about Boyle like he's always been appreciated and that it was only Torts who just played him too much. Now it's a Gabby lovefest.

People HATED Boyle and stupidly didn't appreciate what he brought. AND they hated Gabby before the trade. Now things change and people act as if they've always been that way.

Yeah, people forget how ****ing soft Gaborik was when he was here, wouldn't go near the net, outmuscled constantly. They forget how he never created any chances in the postseason for himself either. They forget how he would disappear for games on end. Now he's the greatest goal scorer of all ****ing time and oh man, if we only had him instead of Brass, who centers our best line, let alone Moore/Dorsett. Man another RW to plug in nowhere, that would really make a difference. And if Gabs was here and Nash was in LA, Gabs would have 2 goals and Nash would have ****ing 10. And people would be *****ing about how Gabs is soft and Nash is purely better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad