Gaborik vs Nash

rangers1025

May 11, 2014
I posted in another thread that I wish we went after Jeff Carter instead of Rick Nash, but I think I rather have Gaborik as well.

If Nash could produce like Gaborik did when he was here the Rangers would be a juggernaut.

Regardless of what happens over the next few weeks its imperative that Sather gets Nash off this team.

SportsArchaeologist

Aug 23, 2009
Gaborik is streaky too, like Nash. IIRC he wasn't doing a whole lot offensively in Columbus. But he does have a better playoff track record, and he is hot right now.

Also, I think Gaborik is in more of a supportive role in LA than Nash is supposed to be here.

That all being said I think Gaborik would've fit quite nicely into AV's system.

rangers1025

May 11, 2014
Gaborik is streaky too, like Nash. IIRC he wasn't doing a whole lot offensively in Columbus. But he does have a better playoff track record, and he is hot right now.

Also, I think Gaborik is in more of a supportive role in LA than Nash is supposed to be here.

That all being said I think Gaborik would've fit quite nicely into AV's system.

Gaborik shoots lasers-Nash has the weakest slap shot in the NHL

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Nash was bought in to support Gabby, then slats panicked and traded gabby (only to then trade for MSL to support nash thus ensuring the circle is never broken)

Reg season wise there is only 0.016% in their goals per game as Rangers (obviously bigger differential in the playoffs, it's 0.14)

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
Nash is a complete player.

Gaborik is all offense and is streaky like Nash but Nash has played great defense and has had a great presence with his two-way game. Yes the scoring isnt there at the moment but unlike Gaborik is contributes in other areas.

Gabby was great when he was scoring in bunches

P.S. Gaborik has a habit of getting hurt

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Gaborik shoots lasers-Nash has the weakest slap shot in the NHL

Which is the worst possible comparison since neither of them take slapshots very often and no Nash's is not the weakest in the NHL.

Gaborik was lightning in a bottle for LA, they got lucky it didn't backfire.

beastly115

Oct 12, 2007
Loved Gabs as a Ranger. Guy did what he was supposed to, he scored goals. One of the few "superstars" who came to NY and actually produced.

Nash needs to get back to his driving to the net game and away from the weak wristers.

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
Gaborik brought us Brassard, John Moore, Dorsett

Nash then came on in a separate move.

Its clear that if we dont trade Gaborik we are not in this position we are in right now

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana

Its clear that if we dont trade Gaborik we are not in this position we are in right now

Can't really argue with results, a bunch of revisionists will want to say "look at Gaborik go imagine him on this team!". But that is obviously not how it works.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Nash.

ANd Ive always been a fan of Gabbys.

Gabby is what, the 5th or 6th option for that team? Nash is our 2nd...after MSL. he's also playing tremendous D.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012

Can't really argue with results, a bunch of revisionists will want to say "look at Gaborik go imagine him on this team!". But that is obviously not how it works.

This to a T. As much as I wanted Gabs here, we don't get a very wonderful Centermen, an enforcer who plays with heart, and a stud #4-6 Defenseman at the young age of 22.

I'm not the biggest fan of Nash, but the assets that we sent, when compared against the assets we received after sending gabs away, we did much better than I expected. The trade basically ended up being:

Gabs for Nash
Dubi for Brass
Erixon for Moore
Anisimov for Dorsett (a bit unbalanced but you get my point)
1st Round Pick

Quite frankly, just the chemistry on the 3rd line (Poo-Brass-Zucc) makes me love this trade even more, even though I am not that into Nash as a player.

What I do respect is Nash attempting to perfect his 2-way game. It makes for a very effective all-around player. I'm praying the goal scoring comes around sooner rather than later

Last edited:

Ryan McDonut

Jan 18, 2009
New York
Nash is a complete player.

Gaborik is all offense and is streaky like Nash but Nash has played great defense and has had a great presence with his two-way game. Yes the scoring isnt there at the moment but unlike Gaborik is contributes in other areas.

Gabby was great when he was scoring in bunches

P.S. Gaborik has a habit of getting hurt

i'm inclined to disagree

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Its difficult to say.

Both are offensively streaky, but i could perhaps give Gabby a slight edge there. However, Gabby isn't exactly a defensive rock, while Nash works very hard defensively. So overall i'd say Nash is the better player (although at their salaries, i'd kick both off the team and insert 6 20*something* year olds instead).

Well.. i dont know Gabby's salary anymore, but if i recall, it was 7 mill or something here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad