Gaborik vs Nash

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Yes, ad nauseam referring to other posters as well, collectively, as a unit. Not you in particular, I should have been more clear.

And yes, I can choose to read any thread I want. And I'm going to choose to get the hell off these boards because y'all are negative as ****, and we're a win away from the Cup Finals. I'll stick to the GDT and discuss what's happening and let you worry about losing Gaborik and having Nash.

Ok. I'm definitely not "worried" about losing Gaborik as much as I'm "worried" that Nash will continue to struggle offensively for what is going on almost a half season worth of playoffs.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I still haven't forgotten about Gabby drifting along idly for the last bit of his time here. He was beyond useless. An absolute waste of that money and roster spot. Seems like a lot of people are pretending that didn't happen.

He's found a good situation for himself in LA. That's awesome. He's exciting to watch when he's on.

That said, I don't miss him at all. He was just as streaky a scorer as Nash, but he brought absolutely nothing else when he was off. At least Nash can humble himself to lend a hand on D.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
I still haven't forgotten about Gabby drifting along idly for the last bit of his time here. He was beyond useless. An absolute waste of that money and roster spot. Seems like a lot of people are pretending that didn't happen.

He's found a good situation for himself in LA. That's awesome. He's exciting to watch when he's on.

That said, I don't miss him at all. He was just as streaky a scorer as Nash, but he brought absolutely nothing else when he was off. At least Nash can humble himself to lend a hand on D.

And a lot of people pretend he wasn't awesome here before that (sans the season where whatever trash player from TOR ripped his shoulder out of its socket).

Gabby was under-appreciated here and it's a little crazy to see how many people are clamoring for him now.

Also, his D wasn't nearly as bad as you're trying to claim.

AHB*

Gaborik learned defense here and is now out in the closing minutes of close games for the Kings. It's pathetic to act like he didn't/doesn't play D.

Can't believe this guy is still under appreciated. He was a fantastic player for us.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
And a lot of people pretend he wasn't awesome here before that (sans the season where whatever trash player from TOR ripped his shoulder out of its socket).

Gabby was under-appreciated here and it's a little crazy to see how many people are clamoring for him now.

Also, his D wasn't nearly as bad as you're trying to claim.

He was great before that. I totally appreciated everything he brought. 100+ goals over a big money UFA contract for the Rangers is/was a big deal.

But you live in the now and in the future, not in the past. When he was traded, he was playing absolutely terrible hockey in my opinion. You don't get a ride today and tomorrow because of what you did yesterday.

This forum is generally very, very hard on current players and pillow soft on past players. Nash is here struggling now, let's trade him, scratch him etc. Gaborik was just as bad if not worse then, but we're remembering it too badly, maybe the trade was a mistake etc.

Gaborik is playing second or third fiddle on a team with a great offense that is on fire. Again, that's good for him. I like watching him. He's exciting when he's on.

He was great for a lot of his time here, but at the end he was just awful IMO.

NYRCSKA*

He was great before that. I totally appreciated everything he brought. 100+ goals over a big money UFA contract for the Rangers is/was a big deal.

But you live in the now and in the future, not in the past. When he was traded, he was playing absolutely terrible hockey in my opinion. You don't get a ride today and tomorrow because of what you did yesterday.

This forum is generally very, very hard on current players and pillow soft on past players. Nash is here struggling now, let's trade him, scratch him etc. Gaborik was just as bad if not worse then, but we're remembering it too badly, maybe the trade was a mistake etc.

Gaborik is playing second or third fiddle on a team with a great offense that is on fire. Again, that's good for him. I like watching him. He's exciting when he's on.

He was great for a lot of his time here, but at the end he was just awful IMO.

Brassard was worth Gaborik IMO.

AHB*

Ranger fans appear to be incapable of being happy.

Did you get a chance to see the "Callahan should lift the cup" if the Rangers win argument on the main board?

I'm eating a lot of crow for things I said this year and gladly so.

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
Dubinsky did it to himself. It's still a good trade because of Nash's regular season, and keeping Dubinsky and AA might have meant someone like Hagelin or Kreider getting less ice time.

Yeah I really bet SJS fans are say all the time, "it's better we have a great regular season".

More quality forwards is not bad.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Gaborik learned defense here and is now out in the closing minutes of close games for the Kings. It's pathetic to act like he didn't/doesn't play D.

Can't believe this guy is still under appreciated. He was a fantastic player for us.

he played in those situations in Minnesota. Jacque Lemaires ploos

I Am Chariot

One shift at a time
Mar 19, 2006
Right fit for the right team....both of them now where they belong

Nash has been more injury free over his career.

Gabby...well. Hope he has a great series but wouldn't be surprised if he gets hurt. Always made me nervous. I'm sure I'm not alone.

nikonsniper*

Gaborik wouldn't have had Kopitar here in NY. Do you think Gabby puts in 11 Goals during this playoff run with Stepan?

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012

are you ****ing joking? The logic of some of these morons.... hahaha

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Gaborik is soft as baby ****. Again, he can skate an entire game with a carton of eggs and not break them. He isn't the man in LA like he was here, it's a totally different scenario for him. I would rather have Nash fifty times over then Gabby in the playoffs, sans Kopitar.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Really the question should be "Kopitar and Gaborik or Stepan and Nash?" If I could just have Gaborik or Nash I'm going Nash. He laid that heavy body of his on the Habs defense for six games, aside from making them work constantly to keep up with his speed. Him and Kreider are why their defense was a wasted mess by Game Six. Also his backchecking was excellent and he generated a ton of scoring cahnces, they HAD to pay attention to him, which frees up someone else.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Really the question should be "Kopitar and Gaborik or Stepan and Nash?" If I could just have Gaborik or Nash I'm going Nash. He laid that heavy body of his on the Habs defense for six games, aside from making them work constantly to keep up with his speed. Him and Kreider are why their defense was a wasted mess by Game Six. Also his backchecking was excellent and he generated a ton of scoring cahnces, they HAD to pay attention to him, which frees up someone else.

Gaborik's resurgence is due solely to Kopitar. Mr. Glass couldn't shoot a puck into the ocean when he was here.

Jersey Girl

Sep 28, 2008
Gaborik's resurgence is due solely to Kopitar. Mr. Glass couldn't shoot a puck into the ocean when he was here.

Wow, yeah, this is really unfair.

Personally I would rather have Nash than Gabby at this point, but if you're watching the games you know while Gaborik and Kopitar are a nice marriage, Gabby is working hard, going to the dangerous areas of the ice, and using his great hands in some really tight spaces while getting pummelled.

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
Nash still has another series to make us forget his failings over the past year.

I don't think he is pulling a Vanek here.

Has done his best but is clearly afraid of another headshot.

Again, 5-6 goals will change everything.

Loved Gabby but there was a question mark with his injuries and he is playing with superstars now. I think that is helping him out quite a bit.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
i think thats pretty unfair. Gabbys been going to the net a lot. making some really good plays in close.

Wow, yeah, this is really unfair.

Personally I would rather have Nash than Gabby at this point, but if you're watching the games you know while Gaborik and Kopitar are a nice marriage, Gabby is working hard, going to the dangerous areas of the ice, and using his great hands in some really tight spaces while getting pummelled.

Well let's just agree to disagree.

You may point out that Gaborik scored over 114 goals during his time as a Ranger will less than ideal centers, but I want to reaffirm what many astute posters said, the resurgence of Gaborik is due to his two way center, Kopitar.

If Gaborik was still on this team, he would not be providing the intangibles of a winger who is here to score but scores at Dominic Moore's pace.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad