Confirmed with Link: Gabe Vilardi 2x 3.4375

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
It's the $37,500 i don't understand. Sign for $3.4 or $3.5 or throw him a Chevy Malibu from Chipman's dealership.
3.4375m is 3 and 7/16m.... .4375 is a common fraction.
he got 6 and 7/8 m or 6.875m over 2 years.

Not surprised there's no long term deal. From his POV I wouldn't want to lock into an AAV when you're positioned to have a big/important role and smash career highs
Not only Vilardri's point of view.
This is also Chevy playing it safe and making sure he knows what he's got before committing term and AAV to the player.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Gabe will be turning 26 when this contract ends.
If he plays well, his next deal could easily be over 50m.
I have a lot of expectations for him.
If he stays healthy and plays center, I think the trade will look end up looking like a fleecing.
If not for injuries, he would have gone much higher in the draft.

KFC Vilardi Nino/Iafallo would make a nice line.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Good bridge deal.

In a year’s time, if he has a productive season, try to sign him to a long term deal.

Yes.
I'm not wild about 2 years. At the end he is 1 year from UFA with arb rights. I would have preferred 1 year or 5.

But if they can extend him next year its all good.

Reactions: GNP

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Perfetti Scheif Nino

Play Ehlers with Names, they seemed to have really good chemistry in the games they played together.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
By age, yes. But he has already played in 4 NHL seasons out of 7 to qualify. The first of those seasons he only played 10 games. Is that too few to count against the 7 season limit?

If he is still 2 years away when this contract expires, great.
idk exactly why he has 4 years of ufa, but it has been reported multiple times that he had four years of control left

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
By age, yes. But he has already played in 4 NHL seasons out of 7 to qualify. The first of those seasons he only played 10 games. Is that too few to count against the 7 season limit?

If he is still 2 years away when this contract expires, great.

Ita because the 10 game threshold that he played in 18-19 only counted to accrue a year on his ELC. He would have had to have played 55 games that year to accrue a year towards UFA.

It's the same reason that Cole Perfetti will have 5 years of team control after his elc. He didn't play enough games in his rookie year to count as a year of service.

There are two important game threshold marks for players before the age of 20.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Ita because the 10 game threshold that he played in 18-19 only counted to accrue a year on his ELC. He would have had to have played 55 games that year to accrue a year towards UFA.

It's the same reason that Cole Perfetti will have 5 years of team control after his elc. He didn't play enough games in his rookie year to count as a year of service.

There are two important game threshold marks for players before the age of 20.
Thanks for the clarification. And I will add rules like these really add emphasis to why it is rarely a good idea to rush prospects. Why blow through a year of team control on a 19 year old only to lose it on the backend with a 26 year old.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad