Confirmed with Link: Gabe Vilardi 2x 3.4375

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
I think a lot of people knew that this wasn't going to make it to arbitration and that it would either be a 2 year or 5+ year deal. I think this makes sense for both sides, a really nice "show me" deal for Vilardi so he can set himself up for a nice fat long-term contract after.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Perfect contract for this player - good value for both sides.

If his injury problems truly are behind him, then the Jets get a good player on a quality deal, with the option to go long-term next time around.

If he re-aggravates that back, then he still gets a six million dollar contract, with the potential to cash in next time around.

Reactions: Snot Rocket

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Not surprised there's no long term deal. From his POV I wouldn't want to lock into an AAV when you're positioned to have a big/important role and smash career highs
Agreed, and with the cap targeted to go up, it makes sense for guys if they want to bet on themselves.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Ticket sales must be in the toilet as Chevy is pinching pennies on a future star who is leaving like Rocky A$AP.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Ticket sales must be in the toilet as Chevy is pinching pennies on a future star who is leaving like Rocky A$AP.
lol, if they were penny pinching then they would have just traded pld for futures and paid someone to take the wheeler contract instead were once again spending to the cap..

bridge deal was the most obvious route for both sides

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
lol, if they were penny pinching then they would have just traded pld for futures and paid someone to take the wheeler contract instead were once again spending to the cap..

bridge deal was the most obvious route for both sides
It's the $37,500 i don't understand. Sign for $3.4 or $3.5 or throw him a Chevy Malibu from Chipman's dealership.

Reactions: hn777

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad