Confirmed with Link: Gabe Vilardi 2x 3.4375

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Worst case-scenario if we have another Dubois we trade Vilardi for a lot considering his contract is team friendly, especially for contending teams with cap crunches.

Reactions: hn777

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I do agree that Namestnikov has become one of Bones "guys" - and deservedly so given how he contributed last season. But it is probably a stretch to contemplate that he can move right into a 2C position on other than a short term as-required basis (ie perhaps give a faltering line a boost, or, for injury relief). But I truly hope that Names impresses Bones enough such that consideration might be given to actually trying him at 3C, perhaps rotating regularly in or out with Lowry, to change the look of the 3rd line for situational purposes.;)

I have to confess this view is strongly shaped by my thinking that the Jets would be well served to move away from the top6/checking line and more towards a balanced
top 9. The guys we`ve picked up seem to give us sooo much flexibility and opportunity to do so.

We have much better forward depth this year so might be able to pull off a more balanced setup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad