GDT: G59: Blues vs Wild 2pm CT/10pm Finland (NBC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
They did some over the summer, I think mostly to add seats on the south side. It's still tiny as arenas go, but I'm not sure they ever really fill the place either. My only major complaint is that they added these strange little half-backrests to the front few rows that are murder to sit in for any length of time.

I can't stand those seats, but I dislike getting hit in the back in pure bleacher seats more. The $1 beer nights that place is packed.

Greenbay has a nice arena to watch a game.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
So, it sounds like choosing the Daytona 500 over yesterday's game was the right choice. Bueno.
I watched the 500 after the Wild game... not sure why I tortured myself like that.

NASCAR is a shadow of its former self. It's brutal. It reminded me why I stopped watching after not being able to miss a race for most of my life.

Reactions: BigT2002

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I watched the 500 after the Wild game... not sure why I tortured myself like that.

NASCAR is a shadow of its former self. It's brutal. It reminded me why I stopped watching after not being able to miss a race for most of my life.

Same. NASCAR just lacks everything it had in the 90s for me.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota

Yeah, it's definitely not what it used to be.

Although, my favorite part of the day was the promo they played for the next race that had all the drivers talking about what a big deal race day is for each of them. I'm definitely not a Kyle Busch fan, and his line in that promo was "2nd place is the first loser"... which came a few minutes after he finished 2nd in the Daytona 500 :lol:

Wabit

May 23, 2016

The sound of the engines still puts me to sleep. I'm not emotionally invested in any of the drivers anymore so I can just sit and watch the bright and shiny cars going in circles and enjoy that.

I do miss the days of Rusty, Dale, Mark, the Labonte bros, and hating on that snot nosed brat and his cheating crew chief in the 24 car.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The sound of the engines still puts me to sleep. I'm not emotionally invested in any of the drivers anymore so I can just sit and watch the bright and shiny cars going in circles and enjoy that.

I do miss the days of Rusty, Dale, Mark, the Labonte bros, and hating on that snot nosed brat and his cheating crew chief in the 24 car.
Amazing lack of personality outside of Kyle Busch, besides the product being just completely lame.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Amazing lack of personality outside of Kyle Busch, besides the product being just completely lame.

Everything is too PC for the drivers to show their personalities anymore. Costs are too high for another Kluwicki to come along and do what he did.

Going to a race is still fun (and expensive). I think I'll go sit in the infield of the NASCAR Indy race this year. I'm still bummed Milwaukee lost all of their races. I'd go to the Indy car and Busch series races there most every year. Road America is a great track, but it's a long road course and you can't see much of the track.

I do miss living in VA where I had Richmond, Charlotte, Darlington, Rockingham (I miss that track), Bristol, and Martinsville within reasonable driving distance. South Boston was a fun 3/8 mile trace to watch Busch races at. It was too small for the 43 car to all pit so instead of normal pitstops they had a 10 minute intermission.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I never got racing at all, then my brother took me to an F1 race. I was laughing at how loud and fast it was live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad