GDT: G59: Blues vs Wild 2pm CT/10pm Finland (NBC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I watched 1/3rd of the game then turned it off.

I just couldn't watch the disaster. All I keep thinking about is feeling for the people who took out the time today to go and watch that game live. Home team never even showed up.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
Start fixing the culture by getting rid of the 3 biggest problems ...... Koivu, Suter and Parise
As stated before this current team is divided by 3 and will never win anything with these 3 involved

I thought I was the only one that has been thinking that since before Yeo was axed.

907campbell

Feb 17, 2019
Ok, I'll say you're right there. However I don't think we should hang on to him waiting for PF to get us some quality players

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
BB has a crappy post season record. That speaks volumes

I’m sorry, but just shut up with this non-sense. Just stop. You are part of the problem.
If you can’t see that this core of players, under two different coaches (Yeo and BB), have been largely underwhelming in the playoffs then god help you.

Not unless our next coach is a Stanley Cup winning Psychiatrist then BB should stay.

907campbell

Feb 17, 2019
Listen up "humble optimist", I'm not sure how I'm part of the problem. I don't get paid millions of dollars to make a team better. Do you really think BB should get a pass because his team sucks? If that's the case, I'd say you and that way of thinking is why MN has never won a cup and won't with this regime. MN nice just does not work in this business.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
A couple years ago, this team... of they added to the skill could have improved... they never chose skill when choosing players though is the problem.

This is a skilled league, more so than ever.

It's not so much that players are skating faster, it's that they are playing faster. Crisp tape to tape passes all across the league, while we pass in front, behind, into skates, and when a puck does hit the table? The player receiving the pass doesn't have the skill not to fumble it.

Not only lacking skill, lacking hustle and speed.
During the PK recently the opposing team is hardly pressured.
But really how can you even focus on flaws with offence, defence and special teams all weak.
Easier to hope Fenton keeps the correct young players as they seem to be the only bright lights right now.

907campbell

Feb 17, 2019
Coach Q had a post-season record of 42-45 in his first 11 seasons.

He went 76-52 in the post-season over his next 11 seasons.

Do you know what changed? I'll give you a hint: It wasn't his coaching style.
Not sure why coach Q is the standard.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
If they are going to trade people I hope they go for prospects rather than NHL players. You aren't going to get a talent upgrade unless you are getting a soon to be UFA like Stone or Panarin and then are able to re-sign them.

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014
It is a talent evaluation problem. They are afraid to take a risk on skill, instead always go for the safe pick...

You won't win the cup with 21 skaters who don't excel at anything in particular skill wise.

You have to have guys who can handle a puck in space, can send and receive crisp passes consistently, have accuracy on their shots so they aren't always sending the puck wide when shooting for an opening, and thus not forced to shoot into the chest protector if you want to really get a shot on goal.
This x1000. The philosophy has been to win with depth and defensively responsible forwards. We never were actually a threat to any of the elite teams and it's well past time to realize it's a dumb philosophy and scrap it.

Reactions: TaLoN

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Currently on pace to make the playoffs with 83 points, which I'm guessing would be the worst ever in the current era?

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Currently on pace to make the playoffs with 83 points, which I'm guessing would be the worst ever in the current era?
Yeah. And watch us win the Cup just for @#$!s and giggles. They are so far under the radar....no pressure whatsoever. :laugh:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Yeah. And watch us win the Cup just for @#$!s and giggles. They are so far under the radar....no pressure whatsoever. :laugh:

After selling off Coyle, Granny, Staal, and Spurgeon at the TDL; and Hammond is net... :sarcasm:

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Braved the snow to watch Suter's Capitols lose to JD Greenway's Fighting Saints instead of catching this. Sounds like it was the right choice.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Braved the snow to watch Suter's Capitols lose to JD Greenway's Fighting Saints instead of catching this. Sounds like it was the right choice.

I haven't been to a game this year. Are they still playing their games at Suter's arena in Middleton?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Did they get some renovations done? The arena was in pretty sad shape the last couple of times I was there.
They did some over the summer, I think mostly to add seats on the south side. It's still tiny as arenas go, but I'm not sure they ever really fill the place either. My only major complaint is that they added these strange little half-backrests to the front few rows that are murder to sit in for any length of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->