GDT: G54: COL @ MIN - 8:30 PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Don't know how I feel about these comments. Goaltending aside, you still can't score! You played a tired team, and still can't score. Yes, I think you could be better.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta

Get that he can’t just throw Fleury under the bus, but it’s extremely deflating to a team to completely outplay the opposition and go down 3-1 on 9 shots. Reminds me of the Kuemper games when he was an absolute headcase after letting in an early goal.

Think we’re going to start seeing a shift to Gus being the 1 and Fleury being the 2, rather than this 1a/1b BS that has leaned towards Fleury much more than it should.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Think we’re going to start seeing a shift to Gus being the 1 and Fleury being the 2, rather than this 1a/1b BS that has leaned towards Fleury much more than it should.

I doubt it. With this GM/coach they'll play MAF more so he can play his way out of whatever funk he's in.

Reactions: 63firebird

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Get that he can’t just throw Fleury under the bus, but it’s extremely deflating to a team to completely outplay the opposition and go down 3-1 on 9 shots. Reminds me of the Kuemper games when he was an absolute headcase after letting in an early goal.

Talbot was the better goalie down the stretch last year, and you know what happened in the playoffs.

It’s like Dean and Guerin think that Fleury is immune from the aging process. I am sure that he is damn good in the room, though.

Reactions: thestonedkoala

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Talbot was the better goalie down the stretch last year, and you know what happened in the playoffs.

It’s like Dean and Guerin think that Fleury is immune from the aging process. I am sure that he is damn good in the room, though.

At least the gap between MAF and Talbot was fairly small last year overall, and picking one over the other was at least somewhat defensible.

MAF is just abysmal compared to Gus this year. I'm hoping even Dean and Guerin can see that.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I have been pretty harsh on BG, but have to compliment him, and whoever else was responsible, for picking Gus up in trade. No one saw him as anything but a project last year.

I do believe that playing on a team with a decent defensive structure has probably helped him, so you’d also have to credit Dean for his development.

Having two of the best defensive players in the league play in front of him be two Swedish guys probably doesn’t hurt, either. Did OTT have any Swedes?

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I have been pretty harsh on BG, but have to compliment him, and whoever else was responsible, for picking Gus up in trade. No one saw him as anything but a project last year.

I do believe that playing on a team with a decent defensive structure has probably helped him, so you’d also have to credit Dean for his development.

Having two of the best defensive players in the league play in front of him be two Swedish guys probably doesn’t hurt, either. Did OTT have any Swedes?
Most goalies look good to great on a team giving up the second fewest xGA in the league. It just makes what Foower is doing look even worse. It’s almost like when Dubnyk was here, but not quite that bad. Really puts into perspective how bad Dooby was down the stretch. He let in over 1GA per again above expected. Still the only goalie to ever do that since they started tracking xGA.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta

I can’t compliment Guerin for falling ass backwards into his best move of his tenure simply due to his inept emotional intelligence. The dude has pissed off so many departing players it feels like.

For all we know, the Sens were the one that called Guerin up after that shitshow & offered up Gus. It was a fantastic pickup that should’ve never happened under Guerin’s original plan. Maybe we need Guerin to screw up some more so the horseshoe up his ass can keep bailing him out.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I can’t compliment Guerin for falling ass backwards into his best move of his tenure simply due to his inept emotional intelligence. The dude has pissed off so many departing players it feels like.

For all we know, the Sens were the one that called Guerin up after that shitshow & offered up Gus. It was a fantastic pickup that should’ve never happened under Guerin’s original plan. Maybe we need Guerin to screw up some more so the horseshoe up his ass can keep bailing him out.
Your post is clearly shows that you have a bias against Guerin.

I approve!

Reactions: Spurgeon

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Oh yeah, I despise Guerin lol. His personality has rubbed me the wrong way since he was brought on.
Well, I felt that way about Fenton. He was an easy act to follow, even though, in retrospect, some of his moves were pretty good. I want to like Guerin, but have mixed feelings about him.

Bottom line is that he could be an absolute jerk, but if he wins, he gets a pass. The reverse is also true.

Bowman was disliked by his players, Keenan out and out hated, but they won.
Sam Pollock was aloof, and ruthless in cutting players loose, often a year or two before it became evident to everyone else. Nobody cared, because he won 9 Cups in 14 years.

Last edited:

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I've never much cared for a lot of the moves he's made, but the "three good months" comment really solidified my disinterest in him in his entirety.
Preaching to the choir… the whole Fiala thing makes me lose my mind

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
I've never much cared for a lot of the moves he's made, but the "three good months" comment really solidified my disinterest in him in his entirety.
I can't stand the grandstanding tough guy nonsense he tries to portray. I also think he is fragile, IE- Talbot scenario.

"It's about f***ing winning"
"I don't have to do shit"
"...Just because Kevin had three good months"

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I can't stand the grandstanding tough guy nonsense he tries to portray. I also think he is fragile, IE- Talbot scenario.

"It's about f***ing winning"
"I don't have to do shit"
"...Just because Kevin had three good months"

Yeah, there's a real arrogance in everything he does and says. Which is tolerable if you have a proven track record of success, and are actually winning stuff, but he isn't. I think last year's luck driven results gave him the impression that his shit don't stink. I hope he's been knocked down several pegs this year.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Yeah, there's a real arrogance in everything he does and says. Which is tolerable if you have a proven track record of success, and are actually winning stuff, but he isn't. I think last year's luck driven results gave him the impression that his shit don't stink. I hope he's been knocked down several pegs this year.
This is the thing for me. I understand that to be GM, you have to be confident in your decisions and convictions, but I don't think he has made the best choices in portraying that confidence, especially for somebody that doesn't have anything that he look back and point to.

Reactions: AKL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad