GDT: G54: COL @ MIN - 8:30 PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Sounds like that surprise they were cooking up isn't happening, at least not today

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Lines tonight...that's a really dangerous 3rd line.

Kaprizov-Hartman-Zuccarello
Duhaime-Ek-Boldy
Greenway-Steel-Gaudreau
Shaw-Dewar-Reaves

Middleton-Spurgeon
Brodin-Dumba
Merrill-Goligoski

Fleury

Bdub

Mar 27, 2021
Should be able to win tonight with Makar out. Plus the aves played last night against elite tampa.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
WTH, Dean? Bench the Dman who is our leading scorer, on a team that is having trouble scoring goals? Take out a RD, so a LHD. Can play out of position?

Sometimes the way coaches like Evason and Yeo treat young players like Addison, Shaw, Zucker, and Haula just seems like bullying, rather than equitable treatment. I’m all for a having a defensive Dman out there, but it’s not like Middleton and Merrill are killing it out there, and they are next to useless with the puck on their stick.

And what’s with Duhaime being with Boldy and JEE? I like him as a 4th liner, but he has been absolute crap this year when it come to offense. I’d Dean not happy unless he saddles his talented players with a Dud? Hell, I’d rather see Dewar there. Walker even more, but that would involve Dean/BG actually trying to do something creative, rather than recycle tired old ideas.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
WTH, Dean? Bench the Dman who is our leading scorer, on a team that is having trouble scoring goals? Take out a RD, so a LHD. Can play out of position?

Sometimes the way coaches like Evason and Yeo treat young players like Addison, Shaw, Zucker, and Haula just seems like bullying, rather than equitable treatment. I’m all for a having a defensive Dman out there, but it’s not like Middleton and Merrill are killing it out there, and they are next to useless with the puck on their stick.

And what’s with Duhaime being with Boldy and JEE? I like him as a 4th liner, but he has been absolute crap this year when it come to offense. I’d Dean not happy unless he saddles his talented players with a Dud? Hell, I’d rather see Dewar there. Walker even more, but that would involve Dean/BG actually trying to do something creative, rather than recycle tired old ideas.
I'm lukewarm okay with the Addison thing because 5 pts in 10 games isn't enough offense to warrant any slack. With that said, I haven't really paid attention to his defensive game but if you aren't playing the head coaches game, then sure, sit him.

What I do agree with you 100% is the Duhaime thing. I get it, there's no better option on the current roster. And I'm all for shuffling lines to try to find something that clicks short term, that's why I don't care so much about cycling centers with the top line in the context of a soon-to-be cap strapped team.

BUT - Duhaime has no future, short or long term on the that line. I think he will develop into an excellent bottom sixer in the mold of Foligno with less offense.

And if you are planning for next year - this is an excellent opportunity to check out our options in Walker, Beckman, short stints of Rossi, hell even Shaw and Dewar up there.

I could be wrong but I've always faulted Evason on these choices more than BG. If the lineup is Evason's deal, then its his choice to have Duhaime up there and not Dewar/Shaw or our AHL up-and-comers. As a GM, how are you suppose to make informed decisions if you don't even have a few games stint worth of data samples? It's frustrating when there's is only upside to trying Walker/Dewar.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
1676502873047.jpeg

I think it’s pretty clear why Addison is sitting.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I know +/- is more of a team stat, but over his last 10 games Addison has six games that are - and zero games that are +. Every other defender has at least one + game.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

I'm fine Addison getting a game in the pressbox. He adds nothing outside of the PP, even there he's mostly just getting a bunch of 2nd assists off of FWDs making plays.

When Zucker and Haula came up MN was team with at lest 7 FWDs better than them. They were both also rough around the edges. Addison is currently very rough at all things not PP related. Shaw and Dewar (Steel too) are the cheap, 23/24 year old, 5'10", 180 lbs, not bad but not good tweeners.

I don't like Duhaime with Boldy at all. He doesn't have the hands to be more than a 4th liner.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
8:30pm start for a home game on TNT. I'm not excited for this.

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
Fluery in net against the Avs is a call I'm just not sure I understand at this point, but eh. I'm not so sure I will make it up for this one anyway.. If only we weren't on national tv for this one.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I don't mind MAF in net tonight. He hasn't played in about a week and only has 2 games (pulled in 1 of them) so far this month. I do think both goalies for a team need to get in a game once a week. Either a 1:1 or a 2:1 type of games played ratio. Gus has been great, but MAF has been pretty good too (outside of his last game) recently.

If MAF falls on his face tonight then ride Gus more. If MAF does well then run them as a tandem.

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
I don't mind MAF in net tonight. He hasn't played in about a week and only has 2 games (pulled in 1 of them) so far this month. I do think both goalies for a team need to get in a game once a week. Either a 1:1 or a 2:1 type of games played ratio. Gus has been great, but MAF has been pretty good too (outside of his last game) recently.

If MAF falls on his face tonight then ride Gus more. If MAF does well then run them as a tandem.
That is a fair point regarding playing time.. it doesn't feel like it has been that long since he was last in net, but I guess it has been.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I have liked Duhaime’s play of late and think the elevation was earned, he has been much more effective at getting the puck to the net than Dewar, and I like Dewar too, but Duhaime has been playing well the past 10ish games from the eye test. He has shown some decent offensive decision making and a bit of skill too, but no finish lately.

At the end of the day, we need to finish on our plays, Boldy has had numerous breakaways and slot opportunities without converting in the recent stretch, he needs to bury and get the monkey off his back 5v5.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
To me it looks like Boldy's shots are too weak, and they miss the net a lot. He needs to adjust this.

When it comes to line changes, and who sits, I believe Billy is very much involved.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Gus did get run after the horn in the last game, then didn't look so hot in the shootout though.
Too small for a sample for me to make a judgement off of. I’m not gonna knock a guy for not stopping penalty shots

Wabit

May 23, 2016
To me it looks like Boldy's shots are too weak, and they miss the net a lot. He needs to adjust this.

When it comes to line changes, and who sits, I believe Billy is very much involved.

I wouldn't say his shots look weak, they just look inaccurate to me. It's either in the logo or wide of the net. I've said before I don't think Boldy has a better than an average NHL shot.

I agree Billy G is involved in the lineup. I also think Evason is lost when it comes to making lineup changes.

Reactions: Webster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad