GDT: G37 - COL @ MIN - 7PM Central - <Please Order Title Refills>

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Well yes and no. You can have a player play below his actual cap (not significantly) if others are making up the net difference positively.
You certainly can. We’re just going to need a lot of that the next couple years with Suter/Spurgeon/Parise making a combined 10 million above what they should against the cap. If we overpay Kaprizov and/or Fiala, you mind as well kiss competing for a Stanley cup goodbye

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I don't think he's been as bad a some here say, but I'd still say that the eye test isn't quite the same as it has been.

I agree with that, he fumbles the puck more and has had a terrible experience at holding the blue line this season. Not sure what’s up with that because it really hasn’t been something he struggled with in the past. He was one of the few players I’d always trust to not give up the puck.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Eh, he's our longest-tenured player and by all accounts well respected in the room. I don't get why people seem to think he's a bad captain just because he doesn't seem to be a vocal type. A leader can lead without ever opening their mouth.
Added unecessary pressure to him. A rotating Captaincy would've been fine. IMO, we don't have our Captain yet.

He's a wonderful player, just not " the guy".

Reactions: Puhis

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
I agree with that, he fumbles the puck more and has had a terrible experience at holding the blue line this season. Not sure what’s up with that because it really hasn’t been something he struggled with in the past. He was one of the few players I’d always trust to not give up the puck.

He was bad at that early on in his NHL career, but improved since. Hard to speculate what it is. Then again, he also likes to go down low on the PP to not hold the line, and plays with a pretty long stick (almost a requirement as a D-man, given his size) which can't help matters. Still, agreed that it's been particularly noticeable this season.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
johansson looks like a different player since he has come back....

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Added unecessary pressure to him. A rotating Captaincy would've been fine. IMO, we don't have our Captain yet.

He's a wonderful player, just not " the guy".

Liked for explanation. I still don't agree, but I respect your opinion. Never thought that Spurgeon was the kind of guy to crumble under pressure, though. From what I've witnessed over the years, he seems to thrive in tough situations.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
As for Bjugstad, that guy needs to work on his legs all summer. He's got skill, but maybe due to the back injury or just lack of core strength, he simply isn't as strong as such a big guy should be. It's painfully noticeable, especially as we could use that physical element he could bring.

The fight wasn't really fair, though. Premature start.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
voodoo-doll-colorado-avalanche.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad