GDT: G32 - STL @ MIN - 7PM Central - Hit it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Whenever Kaprizov does something amazing I feel washed with an incredible level of smugness.

This must be what it’s like to have a great talent.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
If there is one thing I've noticed watching American sports broadcasts, it's that y'all love stats a bit too much. There's a lovely comedy bit by Trevor Noah about the matter, too.
I love that routine!

Stats are a little weird in sports here. The ones that always get me most are the ones that say "When team X scores first, this is their record" and it's always, always a winning record. I mean, yeah, if a team is spotted a goal, they're usually going to win! Very similar situation with the "when player X scores, this is their record". These stats are almost as meaningless as "When the Wild score 6 goals, they're undefeated!" Can't help but smile a little bit at the absurdity.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Kaprizov taking his hand off his stick to fix his bucket while mohawking around the net is next level funny

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
I love that routine!

Stats are a little weird in sports here. The ones that always get me most are the ones that say "When team X scores first, this is their record" and it's always, always a winning record. I mean, yeah, if a team is spotted a goal, they're usually going to win! Very similar situation with the "when player X scores, this is their record". These stats are almost as meaningless as "When the Wild score 6 goals, they're undefeated!" Can't help but smile a little bit at the absurdity.

"The last time Ricky Bobby started outside top 17 at Bristol was 15th of August, 2008" or something along those lines, followed up with some remark of "He was driving back in the Craftbusch Hinterland Outback Truck Series then. Boy, how time flies!" Beat "Tell ya what Jeff, he hasn't aged a day."

Reactions: BagHead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad