GDT: G20 - CAR @ MIN - Exes at the X - 1:00PM Central - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
With games against Buffalo, Colorado, and Boston coming up, losing that extra point was big for the tank

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
With games against Buffalo, Colorado, and Boston coming up, losing that extra point was big for the tank
LA is beating Vegas right now in first intermission too, so if they can hang on, we could be in sole possession of 31st by the end of the day. Fingers crossed. Knock on wood.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
LA is beating Vegas right now in first intermission too, so if they can hang on, we could be in sole possession of 31st by the end of the day. Fingers crossed. Knock on wood.
Detroit has to beat SJ. Everyone we needed to win last night did.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

Perfect shot from Svechnikov? Really? A fluttering wrister that is a foot inside the post and a foot under the bar? That shot should hit an NHL goaltender in the upper chest/shoulder.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Man I swear I just heard Walz say Greenway has the ability and potential to be a 40 goal scorer?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Did he actually say that? I turned the tv off
He was rambling, as he does, but it went something like this

"...I don't know if he'll be a 30 goal scorer in this league..."
"...He has the ability and potential to score 20 goals..."
"...If he figures out how to use his body in front of the net like some of the great players in this league he could be a 40 goal scorer..."

I went back and watched it twice just to make sure that's what I heard. It was.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
He was rambling, as he does, but it went something like this

"...I don't know if he'll be a 30 goal scorer in this league..."
"...He has the ability and potential to score 20 goals..."
"...If he figures out how to use his body in front of the net like some of the great players in this league he could be a 40 goal scorer..."

I went back and watched it twice just to make sure that's what I heard. It was.
Walz has no idea that the game has changed since 2001

Reactions: AKL

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Once again Boudreau has no idea how to deal with 3 on 3, and Dubnyk showed how easy it is to beat him.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Fiala didn't play the last 8 minutes of the game "because he turned the puck over"

Pretty crazy how Fiala was the only one that turned the puck over today

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Fiala didn't play the last 8 minutes of the game "because he turned the puck over"

He also added "trying to get that out of him".

Sounds like a development decision. I can't blame him for trying to teach the young guys.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018

Boudreau is going to kill Fiala’s confidence with his inability to coach

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
He also added "trying to get that out of him".

Sounds like a development decision. I can't blame him for trying to teach the young guys.

The issue for me is that he’s punishing a player for trying to make something happen in a tied game. He’s the only player we have who has the ability to create something out of thin ice, so to bench him for turning the puck over when he wasn’t the only player doing it is beyond me

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The issue for me is that he’s punishing a player for trying to make something happen in a tied game. He’s the only player we have who has the ability to create something out of thin ice, so to bench him for turning the puck over when he wasn’t the only player doing it is beyond me
You're favoring best interests of the team over best for the players learning curve. Do you want him to learn what he can and can't get away with in the best interest of turning him into the best possible player, or do you want the kid to keep banging his head against the wall without consequences?

Sometimes the team needs to sacrifice having said player on the ice in order to make that player better in the long run.

JL did the same with Gaborik back in the day.

The only real offensive threat the team had, but he would bench him to teach him. It worked.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
You're favoring best interests of the team over best for the players learning curve. Do you want him to learn what he can and can't get away with in the best interest of turning him into the best possible player, or do you want the kid to keep banging his head against the wall without consequences?

Sometimes the team needs to sacrifice having said player on the ice in order to make that player better in the long run.

The only real offensive threat the team had, but he would bench him to teach him. It worked.
Lemaire never benched Gaborik in the 3rd period of tied game. Especially not in a game that Gaborik was playing well in. And, it didn't work. Gaborik was always a terrible 2-way player who never learned how to play defense.

There are plenty of things that Fiala needs to be better at, and there will be plenty of opportunities to send those messages. The 3rd period today was certainly not one of those times.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Lemaire never benched Gaborik in the 3rd period of tied game. Especially not in a game that Gaborik was playing well in. And, it didn't work. Gaborik was always a terrible 2-way player who never learned how to play defense.

There are plenty of things that Fiala needs to be better at, and there will be plenty of opportunities to send those messages. The 3rd period today was certainly not one of those times.
Yes he did, more than once too!

Gaborik never became a great defender, but he learned not to be a liability.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm not too mad about this game for a variety of reasons. There was a lot of good play, IMO, and I thought that we were the better team. Ek and Greenway continue to impress. Kunin, too. All of the D were good.

Donato was barely noticeable, but was ok. Parise was much better. Zucker and Zuccarello kept going offside...kinda annoying. Zuke is ok, but certainly not a game changer.

Really, most of the problem was Dubnyk. He just isn't a decent starting goalie any more.

Reactions: TaLoN

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018

That doesn’t make sense

I have no problem with Boudreau benching Fiala when he’s playing like an idiot, but he was playing a solid game today, and has been playing solid for weeks now, so I think it’s stupid to bench him after one turnover in the 3rd period of a TIED game

Reactions: 2Pair
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad