GDT: G20 - CAR @ MIN - Exes at the X - 1:00PM Central - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
They need to move on from studies and move to testing/ experiment to prove or disprove.

Right now, the only real world results are what is seen from coaches developing players in the real world. They all use punishment and reward.

Testing/experiments are what studies are in the scientific community...

Do you think that just because there hasn’t been a study done with hockey specifically, that it somehow validates all of the other studies done with other aspects of life that point to the same conclusion?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Why should Boudreau punish Parise with less ice time if it'll only have a negative result? That's what I'm hearing.

(mostly kidding)
It's clearly more important to be consistantly bad than it is to be mostly good but then make a single mistake. (also kidding, but sad that it's somewhat of a reality with Boudreau)

Funny (or sad) part about Parise, his icetime is going down now that he's starting to play better:dunno:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Testing/experiments are what studies are in the scientific community...

Do you think that just because there hasn’t been a study done with hockey specifically, that it somehow validates all of the other studies done with other aspects of life that point to the same conclusion?
Psychologists aren't testing, they are observing.

Show me the "study" where they are directly testing this in player development over years turning prospects into professionals.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Psychologists aren't testing, they are observing.

Show me the "study" where they are directly testing this in player development over years turning prospects into professionals.

So you need the study to be specifically about developing hockey players in the NHL to accept it. Got it.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
So you need the study to be specifically about developing hockey players in the NHL to accept it. Got it.
That's what we're discussing, Yes.

We're talking about NHL player development that has decades of successful player development behind it. We have nothing showing that method "doesn't work."

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
If I asked you to list the 5 least likely Wild players to score a goal, would Eriksson Ek and/or Brodin be on that list?
Because Bruce Boudreau started OT with both on the ice today. Anyone that wants to defend Boudreau's icetime decisions, really needs to let that sink in for a minute.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Is it just me or has Boudreau never liked Fiala and today was just another example. I feel like BB is holding it against Fiala that Granlund is gone.
Or, maybe what he said post game is true?

Fiala is doing less and less turnovers and starting to improve as a player... maybe the short leash from Bruce is part of that?

Reactions: 123TripleDoge

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If I asked you to list the 5 least likely Wild players to score a goal, would Eriksson Ek and/or Brodin be on that list?
Because Bruce Boudreau started OT with both on the ice today. Anyone that wants to defend Boudreau's icetime decisions, really needs to let that sink in for a minute.

I didn't agree that Boudreau was a problem at first, but this season, some of his decisions and actions are questionable at best. He's gotten more out of touch as the season goes on, and I don't think he has what it takes to coach in this league at this point. Just for the sake of getting him away from the team, I think he should be let go sooner rather than later.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Or, maybe what he said post game is true?

Fiala is doing less and less turnovers and starting to improve as a player... maybe the short leash from Bruce is part of that?

Alternatively, it isn't.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
It was certainly a very strange opening lineup.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I remember the Brodin+Dumba+forward working a couple times last year. Dumba scored a couple times. It was a much more offensively competent forward though.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
So the coach gets all blame, zero credit. Got it.

Again, why even bother with coaches then?

If the only thing Boudreau does as a coach is reduce a players ice time when he has one turnover, he should have been fired 4 years ago.

Turns out, positive reinforcement and, you know, actually coaching, are far more effective than "keeping players on a short leash"

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
If the only thing Boudreau does as a coach is reduce a players ice time when he has one turnover, he should have been fired 4 years ago.

Turns out, positive reinforcement and, you know, actually coaching, are far more effective than "keeping players on a short leash"
Coaches use both punishment AND reward (positive reinforcement).

Obviously they do more, but again, this is getting back directly to player development and Bruce's handling of Fiala. You want to give Bruce zero credit for Fiala's improvement here, yet want to blame him when he has problems. I don't get that mentality.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Coaches use both punishment AND reward (positive reinforcement).

Obviously they do more, but again, this is getting back directly to player development and Bruce's handling of Fiala. You want to give Bruce zero credit for Fiala's improvement here, yet want to blame him when he has problems. I don't get that mentality.

No I don't lmao.

I want to give PUNISHMENT zero credit for Fiala's improvement.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
No I don't lmao.

I want to give PUNISHMENT zero credit for Fiala's improvement.
Since Bruce is doing the coaching and having one on one's with the players, and let's them know what he expects and what will happen etc. and his method includes both punishment and reward, you are giving Bruce zero credit for his method.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Since Bruce is doing the coaching and having one on one's with the players, and let's them know what he expects and what will happen etc. and his method includes both punishment and reward, you are giving Bruce zero credit for his method.
Keep it up, you’re doing great

a79krgm

Jul 15, 2006
White Bear Lake
www.northstarshockey.com
Is it just me or has Boudreau never liked Fiala and today was just another example. I feel like BB is holding it against Fiala that Granlund is gone.

I don't think so. Bruce is a veteran coach (and them some) … he wouldn't be where he is today if he treated players with petty attitude. He tries to get the most out of his players. It's up to the GM to decide if that player has anything more to give the organization.

Reactions: TaLoN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad