GDT: G20 - CAR @ MIN - Exes at the X - 1:00PM Central - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

a79krgm

Jul 15, 2006
White Bear Lake
www.northstarshockey.com
It's time that BB realizes that the old Dubbie is gone and can't play his way back. … time to give other goalies a tryout. If the Iowa goalies aren't ready yet then let's bring in a goaler from a team that has a solid number one and might overlook their number two. The Wild need to figure out who will be their go to guy for next season.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
It's time that BB realizes that the old Dubbie is gone and can't play his way back. … time to give other goalies a tryout. If the Iowa goalies aren't ready yet then let's bring in a goaler from a team that has a solid number one and might overlook their number two. The Wild need to figure out who will be their go to guy for next season.
What determines whether a goalie is ready or not?

Robson 6GP 1.78 GAA .942 sv%
Kahkonen 9GP 2.21 GAA .917 sv%

The AHL is kinda a weird place to judge goalies too. Examples include (most recent AHL time before NHL regular play, no context to quality of team):

C. Hart 18GP 3.05 GAA .902 sv%
J. Binnington 16GP 2.08 GAA .927 sv%
D. Rittich 12GP 3.18 GAA .889 sv%
M. Blackwood 20GP 2.95GA .902 sv%
C. Hellebuyck 30GP 2.49 GAA .942 sv%

Reactions: a79krgm

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think Suter is too slow for 3 v 3 now, or if he is out there it should be together with speed.

Last edited:

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think that Hunt, Dumba, Brodin, Spurgeon, and Suter(with the right linemates) are good choices in 3 v3. Koivu should not be out there, and maybe not Parise. Zucker has the speed, but has been guilty of a lot of costly errors in the past in 3v3. Fiala is an unknown...apparently we are crowning him after he finally strung a few decent games together. Before that, he was dogshit. Let's not pretend otherwise.

Kunin is barely fast, smart, and skilled enough. Greenway...not so sure. Staal(barely) and Zuccarello, if paired with speed. I don't mind the choice of Ek, if he is paired with players that have puckhandling and offensive skill. Fiala, if paired with defensive skills.

Bottom line is that we don't have the horses to be effective at 3v3, AND that Dubnyk can't seem to stop a beachball, nor handle the puck, which gets much more important in OT.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I'm just laughing.

Not playing Zuccarello in OT is a huge waste of skills. On the Rangers he used to run 3 on 3 play with lots of success, reason is tons of experience, and the fact that he's one of the best in the league scoring on breakaways and shootouts.

But this coach has no clue, also his top goaltender stinks. That's a big reason why OT play always fails.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I know you think that Zuccarello walks on water, but so far, I'm not seeing a very fast player. He's smart, and has nice skills, but they are nowhere near Granlund's. He also doesn't shoot the puck effectively. Bottom line is that he is a decent choice on 3v3 for this team due to a lack of talent up front, but that's it.

Zuccarello is getting top line TOI, yet has been mediocre. Don't see how that is BB's fault.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I know you think that Zuccarello walks on water, but so far, I'm not seeing a very fast player. He's smart, and has nice skills, but they are nowhere near Granlund's. He also doesn't shoot the puck effectively. Bottom line is that he is a decent choice on 3v3 for this team due to a lack of talent up front, but that's it.

Zuccarello is getting top line TOI, yet has been mediocre. Don't see how that is BB's fault.
The players that you think are fast, and the players that you don't think are fast on this team? Very interesting to say the least.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
Look at the INSANE amount of turnovers Fiala committed here last season. Then look at him over the past couple games. Hey, maybe the coach holding him accountable has helped him improve? Also, BB was complimentary of his improvements and was giving him more responsibility late in games. You gotta have some sort of punishment for players who make those mistakes until they learn to do them less.

I like how because we're losing, that somehow means reducing ice time or benching for mistakes is outside the realm for professional coaching. Unreal.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Is there really no hope of bounce back from Dubbie? It's hard to imagine he forgot how to goalie so suddenly.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I re-watched the turnover. It was at their blueline, and led to about 40 seconds of defensive zone time. Not a great play, but also something I'd be more annoyed by when up by a goal. In a tie game, you should still feel like you should try to make something happen offensively. I still feel a little bit like Boudreau was playing for the one point, and doing so overly early in the game.

I guess I get it to some degree, but then Hartman gets rewarded after taking a dumb penalty with 12 minutes to go in a 3-3 game. So it seems a tad hypocritical.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I re-watched the turnover. It was at their blueline, and led to about 40 seconds of defensive zone time. Not a great play, but also something I'd be more annoyed by when up by a goal. In a tie game, you should still feel like you should try to make something happen offensively. I still feel a little bit like Boudreau was playing for the one point, and doing so overly early in the game.

I guess I get it to some degree, but then Hartman gets rewarded after taking a dumb penalty with 12 minutes to go in a 3-3 game. So it seems a tad hypocritical.

Yes and definitely yes. That’s my whole point, there’s no consistency to Boudreau’s punishment. It’s only Fiala and it’s often a big overreaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad