GDT: G2: Wild at Kings - 8pm CT (FSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Now you're talking about opinions. Their "actual performance" is right there in the link and numbers that I provided. How we choose to view and interpret that performance doesn't change the facts.

My own opinion of the game- Dumba/Suter had more quality plays and more poor plays than Spurgeon/Brodin. IMO, scoring chances for/against is the biggest single stat I look at for defensemen. Dumba/Suter finished really well there.

There’s a definite correlation between defenseman performance and scoring chance generation, but the main problem with it is related to who on the ice is actually driving the chances. As the sample size of games increases, that factor becomes less and less important. That’s why I criticized the use of advanced analytics here.

I’d probably agree with your overall opinion of the game. Spurgeon - Brodin were more consistent, while Suter - Dumba had better highs and worse lows, which is about what’s expected of those two pairings.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
There’s a definite correlation between defenseman performance and scoring chance generation, but the main problem with it is related to who on the ice is actually driving the chances. As the sample size of games increases, that factor becomes less and less important. That’s why I criticized the use of advanced analytics here.

I’d probably agree with your overall opinion of the game. Spurgeon - Brodin were more consistent, while Suter - Dumba had better highs and worse lows, which is about what’s expected of those two pairings.

The same goes for the "eye test" as well. My eye test told me that Dumba/Suter were more good than bad, and were clearly the best pair the Wild had in game 1. The eye test of more than a few in this thread is that Dumba/Suter were terrible. The numbers support one of those eye tests.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Wonder if he's having post COVID issues...
Can’t. It’s similar to the flu :wink:
Honestly, this yes probably the most likely scenario. Maybe his O2 levels are low or something. Who knows

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I’m not sure, but in general it’s a health concern, obviously. It points to an underlining cardiovascular issue, which could be major or minor
indeed it does, was more so thinking along terms of cracking this upper body injury investigation. unfit to play is different than upper body injury so if it was something of that nature wouldnt they have to label it under unfit to play instead of upper body injury?

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
indeed it does, was more so thinking along terms of cracking this upper body injury investigation. unfit to play is different than upper body injury so if it was something of that nature wouldnt they have to label it under unfit to play instead of upper body injury?
I won’t even pretend to understand the NHL rules of disclosing injuries

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Have they said "injury" specifically? I have heard the term health issues and saw upper body noted, but never with the term "injury" in reference to him.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I won’t even pretend to understand the NHL rules of disclosing injuries
neither do i.

Have they said "injury" specifically? I have heard the term health issues and saw upper body noted, but never with the term "injury" in reference to him.
twincities, hockeywilderness, sportsnet and minnesota wild on twitter posted upper body injury. wild also put him on the injury reserve list with stalock.

Minnesota Wild on Twitter: "NEWS: #mnwild forward Marco Rossi is out indefinitely with an upper-body injury." / Twitter

Reactions: TaLoN

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
The way that the organization is approaching it a real cause for concern. Typically, they have no issue disclosing more specifics. They’re walking around that right now. Russo isn’t commenting on it much despite several efforts by people on Twitter. I’ve reached out to several people outside the organization that are close to the Rossi camp and the response was largely that they couldn’t comment on specifics. The belief is that the organization does not know the full extent of the situation yet, which leads me to think it’s not a broken-bone or torn ligament. Of course selfishly I’d love him to be healthy so he could play, but it’s bigger than that. You have to feel for him and hope that it’s nothing career-threatening.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
It's all very strange. On one hand, you have Russo alluding to him not debuting "anytime soon".

On the other, Rossi stated to the Austrian media just prior to the season starting that he's ready to go and just waiting for the Wild to say "go".

It's all very strange to me.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
It's all very strange. On one hand, you have Russo alluding to him not debuting "anytime soon".

On the other, Rossi stated to the Austrian media just prior to the season starting that he's ready to go and just waiting for the Wild to say "go".

It's all very strange to me.
His quarantine ended between those two... which suggests the Wild doctors discovered something after he completed quarantine.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
is there any way this could simply be a ploy to have him stick around here a bit longer and then with the debut not coming soon he gets to practice with the team a bit longer before his taste of the nhl?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
is there any way this could simply be a ploy to have him stick around here a bit longer and then with the debut not coming soon he gets to practice with the team a bit longer before his taste of the nhl?
I don't see any benefit in a ploy that comes from keeping him off skates completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad