GDT: G2: Flames @ Caps - 7:08pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
1697507777909.gif

My game puck is shared between Darcy Kuemper (38 saves on 40 shots, including a penalty shot, and also 3 shootout attempts) and Matthew Phillips (1 G, 1 A, 70% xGF%). Honorable mention to Connor McMichael (1 G).

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Kuznetsov looks different and more engaged in that little team huddle, and I thought he had a pretty okay game tonight. It's a low bar but he was moving more at least.

Tons to work on as a team but it wasn't the stuff that was going to come quick anyway.

I liked bits and pieces of this game (I woke up from my nap late so I missed the first)

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
Team looked bad initially without Mantha in there.. but in the third they picked it up quite a bit. Keep mantha on nacho duty. I wanna see where this goes.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

Yikes at the bottom of the chart. It's not easy to make changes after a win, but they gotta make changes. One of those changes needs to be Top Line Matty P

Reactions: koalabear9301

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Ovechkin - Kuznetsov - Wilson / McMichael - Backstrom - Oshie probably just ends up hampering McMichael but got to take one for the team. And hope somehow the other line can gel.

Reactions: Monsterrain

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Obviously the first line is the biggest concern right now, and it's not particularly surprising given the recent play of those players in the past couple seasons.

But my secondary concern right now is the play of Jensen and TvR (and the defense in general). If their regression is more of a long-term thing, and not just early season/new partner/new coach jitters, that will spell a lot of issues for the back-end.

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
Anyone got the stats on kuz doing that slow skate in? How many times has he done it? Whats success rate? How many times is he going low blocker? Feel like every time ha

Reactions: WanderingCapsFan

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
1st line can't stay as is. Sens will make that line like a -12 for the night.

He's still a better option than LuJo. Both wouldn't be in the lineup if Edmundson didn't break his hand.
Time to call up McIlrath!

(I am joking - I don't ever want to see him in a Caps uniform again)

Anyone got the stats on kuz doing that slow skate in? How many times has he done it? Whats success rate? How many times is he going low blocker? Feel like every time ha
It seems to upset the mains so I hope he continues doing it

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Kuzy career wise is a 44% shooter in the shootout. With that slow move he has become more automatic, I think he has hit the post a couple times. Also, ice conditions late in the game(depends what city the opponent is in) determines if he does that slow dance moves or not.

Time to call up McIlrath!

(I am joking - I don't ever want to see him in a Caps uniform again)

It seems to upset the mains so I hope he continues doing it
Give Alexeyev some time to gel. LuJo just plays tentative.

Reactions: PlushMinus

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Just finished watching. That was a horror show of a game they had no business winning.

That geriatric first line is an abomination that needs to be destroyed.

It pains me to say it but Ovie has looked awful through two games.

Kuemper totally bailed them out.

Yeesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad