G Trey Augustine - Michigan State, NCAA (2023, 41st, DET)

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Is he really only 6'1"? He looked really big to me.
He definitely looks big enough that I'm not really worried about his size. 6'1 isnt what I would call small for a goalie but its definitely far from great size as well. But I think youre right when you say he looks bigger.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Back-stopped his team to Gold. Best goalie at the WJC. And this was after he back-stopped his team to Gold at the U18 Worlds in 2023. Best goalie there, although the directorate likes giving Goalie of the Tournament to un-drafted 5'11 Swedish goalies he outplayed.

He is going to cook in Detroit in a few years, but I hope they learn from what's going on with Levi and don't rush him. Four seasons after he was drafted he should enter the NHL. Not before then. But once he gets to that point, Detroit could have a franchise goalie.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
He is going to cook in Detroit in a few years, but I hope they learn from what's going on with Levi and don't rush him. Four seasons after he was drafted he should enter the NHL. Not before then. But once he gets to that point, Detroit could have a franchise goalie.
Detroit rushing prospects? Don't worry that won't happen.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
No one should be considering his height against him. In fact, being a little smaller might be of advantage in today's NHL to assist with reaction times and the general change in style of the NHL You don't get to set up a Butterfly fort like you used to; you are moving around a whole lot more.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
No one should be considering his height against him. In fact, being a little smaller might be of advantage in today's NHL to assist with reaction times and the general change in style of the NHL You don't get to set up a Butterfly fort like you used to; you are moving around a whole lot more.
I’ve been saying this. You need a goalie to move side to side for all these east to west passes.

The stats prove that there aren’t that many good goaltenders above 6’4 around.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
“I don’t ever panic.”
-Trey Augustine

What a season for him leading MSU to a championship and taking gold in the WJC. This guy has ice in his veins.

What do we do if Cossa and Trey both look like No.1 goaltenders? We have to trade one right?

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Why did Augustine decommit from Michigan? Was it because of program uncertainty/instability after Pearson got fired, because he believed in Nightingale, or something else?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad