G Thatcher Demko (2014, 36th, VAN)

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I dont think it was a Canadian thing... because people rarely take that into consideration when drafting (minus Russia I guess). It honestly was just a Jay Feaster thing I think... See Mark Jankowski.
MTL just recently reported to have PLD, it may have something to do with his name... or language... or province hoping to succeed being his "country of origin" hahaha

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
I was worried about Demko after his concussion, but he's back looking steady in his past few games. Hope he continues the rebound and puts pressure on the NHL guys.

Yes he is playing stellar but he needs to stay in Utica until at least TDL. Then trade Nilsson and his expiring contract for a bag of pucks. Get Demko some NHL games then.

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
McKenna was placed on waivers yesterday. Demko will be up in time for Saturday's game vs Toronto

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
I wouldn’t say Demko “fell” in the draft. 36th was about right for the top ranked goalie, it’s crazy the Flames took Mason MacDonald at 34 before him though, that seemed bad at the time and it’s worse now.
I wouldn't say since day 1, given that the big reason he fell was the hip problems and his off-season hip surgery in his draft year.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
I think Demko did fall in the draft. He was clearly a first rd talent. I think teams were reluctant to draft him higher because of prior first rd goalie busts.

Reactions: Canucks LB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad