G Igor Shestyorkin (2014, 118th, NYR)

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
SKA is only good because of Shestyorkin. Has nothing to do with the fact their operational budget far exceeds anyone's else except for CSKA. It's all about Shestyorkin.
He was not playing in the playoffs while Koskinen was in SKA, but that's a conspiracy on behalf of finnish jews, quite obviously. In fact, SKA won 2 Gagarins with Koskinen, but if they played Shestyorkin, they would have won all 4. Team Russia would have won all WC's aswell btw.

Oh, please retire Henrik and get this crazy Russian boy Shestyorkin in New York ASAP!

PS There's also a perennial Norris contender Rykov in Russia. Those pesky conspirators from SKA have sent him to Sochi in hopes to crush his spirit, but they miscalculated the might of this crazy russian! Can skate and play defense unlike bum Jokipakka(who played more and was definately much more important to Sochi this season, but that's another finnish lobby product). Would have been a TOP 4 guy for SKA instead of one of this National Team bums or Hersley. Just like Paigin would have dominated in Ak Bars!

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
SKA is only good because of Shestyorkin. Has nothing to do with the fact their operational budget far exceeds anyone's else except for CSKA. It's all about Shestyorkin.
He was not playing in the playoffs while Koskinen was in SKA, but that's a conspiracy on behalf of finnish jews, quite obviously. In fact, SKA won 2 Gagarins with Koskinen, but if they played Shestyorkin, they would have won all 4. Team Russia would have won all WC's aswell btw.

Oh, please retire Henrik and get this crazy Russian boy Shestyorkin in New York ASAP!

PS There's also a perennial Norris contender Rykov in Russia. Those pesky conspirators from SKA have sent him to Sochi in hopes to crush his spirit, but they miscalculated the might of this crazy russian! Can skate and play defense unlike bum Jokipakka(who played more and was definately much more important to Sochi this season, but that's another finnish lobby product). Would have been a TOP 4 guy for SKA instead of one of this National Team bums or Hersley. Just like Paigin would have dominated in Ak Bars!

what even is this post

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Shestyorkin is head and shoulders above Koskinen in terms of talent, has everything it takes to be a quality NHL starter.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don

It’s not just SKA anymore. The KHL’s #1 agenda is to punish Shestyorkin for wanting to play in the NHL. It’s so obvious.
Even when he was given a start he probably didnt deserve, the bush league KHL still finds a way to keep the man down. It’s a conspiracy I tells ya!

Reactions: Garl

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Is there also an automatic suspension? I had trouble understanding the translation of the question that Vorobyov was being asked in his after-match press conference.
There is an automatic suspension, but it can be overturned at the obligatory disciplinary board look at it. It should be in my eyes. Freak accident, did look scary and was(broken ribs, punctured lungs for Daugavins. Could have been worse from the looks of it.), but no intent to injure or something. And oh, it could save Slava Malamud from hanging himself:sarcasm:. He should have been close with SKA down 0-2 in a series and a SKA goaltender getting 5+20.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Dude, even when I am drunk I am making more sense with sarcasm than you and Pavel with your homer bias))
True that.

Shestyorkin with one game ban as well, conspiracy lives on, it's a national thing now :sarcasm:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

This is one of the most deranged posts I've seen on this website, and thats really saying something. If you get so offended by fans of NHL teams discussing their prospects, you should stay out. Your lack of self control is evident for all to see.

It’s not just SKA anymore. The KHL’s #1 agenda is to punish Shestyorkin for wanting to play in the NHL. It’s so obvious.
Even when he was given a start he probably didnt deserve, the bush league KHL still finds a way to keep the man down. It’s a conspiracy I tells ya!

And here comes the Shestyorkin hater who appears like 3-4 times a year after he plays a bad game or a situation like this where he gets suspended occurs.

There was no conspiracy voiced. I mentioned that the NHL might do something similar. A bad call was made, but it is funny how so many claim the KHL is rigged for SKA, and then a phantom call keeps one of their best players out for 1.5 games. What happened to that conspiracy?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kupo

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
There is an automatic suspension, but it can be overturned at the obligatory disciplinary board look at it. It should be in my eyes. Freak accident, did look scary and was(broken ribs, punctured lungs for Daugavins. Could have been worse from the looks of it.), but no intent to injure or something. And oh, it could save Slava Malamud from hanging himself:sarcasm:. He should have been close with SKA down 0-2 in a series and a SKA goaltender getting 5+20.

I think they could've called a two minute tripping penalty. That wouldn't have been a bad call, but 5+20 and then an extra game is way over-excessive and a bad call. I don't know how anyone could try to defend that. They wouldn't know the player's injury at the time, so I don't know how they can factor in an injury when they didn't know what the injury was or if there was an injury.

The conspiracy that some voice that the KHL rigs the league for SKA falls flat with a situation like this.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I think they could've called a two minute tripping penalty. That wouldn't have been a bad call, but 5+20 and then an extra game is way over-excessive and a bad call. I don't know how anyone could try to defend that. They wouldn't know the player's injury at the time, so I don't know how they can factor in an injury when they didn't know what the injury was or if there was an injury.
For someone talking this much, you should familiarize yourself with IIHF rulebook, especially the whole "reckless endangerment" part of it. You seem generally lost at how IIHF rules work.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
For someone talking this much, you should familiarize yourself with IIHF rulebook, especially the whole "reckless endangerment" part of it. You seem generally lost at how IIHF rules work.

Are you saying the KHL doesn’t make their own decisions? Do they follow the IIHF rules with no situational analysis?

Based on my own opinion, I don’t think 5+20 and an extra game is a good call. If that’s what the IIHF thinks should happen, it’s even more reason to think that their rule book does not suit the modern game.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Are you saying the KHL doesn’t make their own decisions? Do they follow the IIHF rules with no situational analysis?

Based on my own opinion, I don’t think 5+20 and an extra game is a good call. If that’s what the IIHF thinks should happen, it’s even more reason to think that their rule book does not suit the modern game.

A game misconduct is an automatic suspension. And yes, a lot of leagues (I think all leagues outside NA) use the IIHF rules.

Reactions: QJL

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012

They have made their decision to go with what's in the rulebook and apply it to all situations, be it Shestyorkin, Alexei Petrov (today) or some guy in the VHL I've never even heard off. IIHF rulebook is strict about eliminating malicious and reckless plays leading to injury, if you think NA way when the guy gets 2 minutes for injuring opponent for months is more fitting well that's your opinion.

The same logic applies to high sticking in all leagues all over the world. It doesn't matter if you meant harm or not, the punishment depends on the severity of your actions regardless of their intent.

A game misconduct is an automatic suspension. And yes, a lot of leagues (I think all leagues outside NA) use the IIHF rules.

That is correct as far as I know.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
They have made their decision to go with what's in the rulebook and apply it to all situations, be it Shestyorkin, Alexei Petrov (today) or some guy in the VHL I've never even heard off. IIHF rulebook is strict about eliminating malicious and reckless plays leading to injury, if you think NA way when the guy gets 2 minutes for injuring opponent for months is more fitting well that's your opinion.

The same logic applies to high sticking in all leagues all over the world. It doesn't matter if you meant harm or not, the punishment depends on the severity of your actions regardless of their intent.

That is correct as far as I know.

Speaking of high sticking. If you are going to complain about 1 rule in particular, it's the double-minor if there's blood-rule.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
IIHF rulebook is strict about eliminating malicious and reckless plays leading to injury, if you think NA way when the guy gets 2 minutes for injuring opponent for months is more fitting well that's your opinion.

Stop with the over-dramatics. He didn't try to injure him, first of all. Second of all, the forward isn't the only player entitled to try to make a play. The goalie tried to make a play. The result of this play was the forward getting injured. I think thats partially due to his own actions, and partially due to the goalies actions. In any sport, penalties when injuries occur are given out based upon the actions of both sides. Thats why not every hit where a player suffers an injury results in an ejection and in football why not every tackle that results in an injury results in a red card.

Sports don't penalize based only upon injuries because that doesn't make sense to do that. Injuries are part of sports. Referees are supposed to use situational analysis. Clearly here that didn't occur, and clearly the KHL didn't employ that either. Throwing around words like malicious and reckless is ridiculous.

When I said a two minute penalty could apply here, it had nothing to do with the injury. Shestyorkin clipped the forward with his split. That could be two minutes for tripping. Or you could say it wasn't enough of a clip to influence the action of play because the player had already went past the net. Those type of judgement calls happens in every hockey game for a referee. What doesn't happen in every hockey game is penalizing a player based upon the injuries of another player in a collision.

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Stop with the over-dramatics. He didn't try to injure him, first of all. Second of all, the forward isn't the only player entitled to try to make a play. The goalie tried to make a play, and the player got injured. I think thats partially due to his own actions, and partially due to the goalies actions. In any sport, penalties when injuries occur are given out based upon the actions of both sides. Thats why not every hit where a player suffers an injury results in an ejection and in football why not every tackle that results in an injury results in a red card.

Sports don't penalize based only upon injuries because that doesn't make sense to do that. Injuries are part of sports. Referees are supposed to use situational analysis. Clearly here that didn't occur, and clearly the KHL didn't employ that either. Throwing around words like malicious and reckless is ridiculous.
I love how you continue banging your own drum while missing the point every step of the way. Like literally every sentence of yours is missing the point completely.

Stop with the over-dramatics > yes because there is nothing dramatic about sending someone to the hospital and knocking them out of the series (at least)

He didn't try to injure him, first of all > again, under IIHF rules intent is irrelevant

Second of all, the forward isn't the only player entitled to try to make a play > there is a difference between making a play and sending someone to the hospital

I think thats partially due to his own actions, and partially due to the goalies actions > no kidding. You are like those "should have kept his head up" people after blatant headshot. Of course in every such situation you can say "well if the opposing player did something differently it wouldn't have ended like that". Yeah, sure. The fact is it did, however.

In any sport, penalties when injuries occur are given out based upon the actions of both sides. > So you are making a point Daugavins played against the rules somehow?

Thats why not every hit where a player suffers an injury results in an ejection and in football why not every tackle that results in an injury results in a red card. > Again, under IIHF rules, if you injure the opponent while "making a play" which is against the rules you get 5+20. It can be kneeing, charging, high-sticking, tripping (evidently), whatever.

Sports don't penalize based only upon injuries because that doesn't make sense to do that > yes they penalize players for actions that caused injuries which is what happened here

Referees are supposed to use situational analysis > what is there in the rulebook that you feel wasn't analyzed?

Clearly here that didn't occur, andclearly the KHL didn't employ that either > no, clearly it was the right call going by the rules and not your personal opinion

Throwing around words like malicious and reckless is ridiculous > man, IIHF and their ridiculous drama. Quote from the rulebook: "If an infringement leads to an injury in general the infringement can be classified as a reckless endangerment.".

To sum it up, all you are doing is saying you are right and the rulebook is wrong. Sadly to you, unless you want to create your own sport, or at least a hokey league unassociated with IIHF, you can't win this argument. It's really flat out stupid of you to continue to do this when your whole argument is "IIHF rulebook shouldn't be what it is". Well, tough shit, it is what it is and really not many people have issue with it.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Stop with the over-dramatics. He didn't try to injure him, first of all. Second of all, the forward isn't the only player entitled to try to make a play. The goalie tried to make a play. The result of this play was the forward getting injured. I think thats partially due to his own actions, and partially due to the goalies actions. In any sport, penalties when injuries occur are given out based upon the actions of both sides. Thats why not every hit where a player suffers an injury results in an ejection and in football why not every tackle that results in an injury results in a red card.

When I said a two minute penalty could apply here, it had nothing to do with the injury. Shestyorkin clipped the forward with his split. That could be two minutes for tripping. Or you could say it wasn't enough of a clip to influence the action of play because the player had already went past the net. Those type of judgement calls happens in every hockey game for a referee. What doesn't happen in every hockey game is penalizing a player based upon the injuries of another player in a collision.

Ever heard of the double minor for high-sticking if there's blood? :laugh:

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
And here comes the Shestyorkin hater who appears like 3-4 times a year after he plays a bad game or a situation like this where he gets suspended occurs.

I'm a 'Shestyorkin hater' now?
On the contrary, I like Shestyorkin but I can't stand the sizable contingent of Ranger fans who, whenever something doesn't go Shestyorkin's way, always lay blame on his situation being rigged, unfair, bush league, etc, etc. It's nauseating.

So yeah, I post more when Shestyorkin plays poorly; but I post in response to the inevitable onslaught of posters who find every excuse and conspiracy theory in the book to explain the situation.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
We'll see if he plays tomorrow. He's eligible to return from suspension.

Hellberg was no better than Shestyorkin in his game and a half, but SKA's scored more goals recently. They could choose to stick with a winning formula.

I don't think it matters that much though because Shestyorkin has proven himself already.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I'm amazed how there isn't a riot considering Shestyorkin is basically the team's backup for yet another PO run.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm amazed how there isn't a riot considering Shestyorkin is basically the team's backup for yet another PO run.

Why would we riot? He’ll join the Rangers when SKA gets eliminated. He doesn’t exactly need to prove himself in a league he dominated this season. He should start and he got shafted with that suspension and then by SKA for not putting him back in, but he can afford to not start. He doesn’t need to prove anything anymore in the KHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad