G Igor Shestyorkin (2014, 118th, NYR)

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
TSN ranked him as the 17th best U24 hockey player in the world. Highest ranked goalie and player outside the NHL. Main boards that compromises mostly of people who have not seen him play since the 2015 World Juniors is apoplectic.

https://www.tsn.ca/kc-lorem-ipsum-dolor-sit-amet-template-1.1209907
quite impressive

his buddy and Ranger-rival prospect Sorokin is five spots lower. Very excited to see if they both play for New York, would be quite the interesting addition to the rivalry

Zats Muccarello

Grinder
Dec 30, 2010
NYC

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
24 save shutout. His game has been slipping of late, so this is an important result for him.

Hard to say that with a straight face considering he's having his best statistical year yet. That being said, I think some adversity is good for him. He's not going to lose 4 games a year in the NHL.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hard to say that with a straight face considering he's having his best statistical year yet. That being said, I think some adversity is good for him. He's not going to lose 4 games a year in the NHL.

I'm saying it with a straight face. His stats have been slipping recently, and I've seen a few of these games. He hasn't been great.

His prior eight games, he had a .936 SV%. Thats very good, but it's not to the level he had shown earlier in the season. I don't expect a shutout every game, but if he continues to play like he had been playing, he's not going to finish the season above .940 SV%. I don't think its unrealistic to think he could have a .940 SV% this season. The past two seasons he was .937 and .933, but he was playing injured during the .933 season, and he's gotten better since the .937 season.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
I'm saying it with a straight face. His stats have been slipping recently, and I've seen a few of these games. He hasn't been great.

His prior eight games, he had a .936 SV%. Thats very good, but it's not to the level he had shown earlier in the season. I don't expect a shutout every game, but if he continues to play like he had been playing, he's not going to finish the season above .940 SV%. I don't think its unrealistic to think he could have a .940 SV% this season. The past two seasons he was .937 and .933, but he was playing injured during the .933 season, and he's gotten better since the .937 season.

Sure but you're looking at the two full seasons and just a small segment of this one. He wasn't perfect every game the past two years.

He's still winning and trending up. Obviously being on a super team helps with that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad