G Igor Shestyorkin (2014, 118th, NYR)

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
I would be okay with him doing 1 extra year in the KHL and coming over for the 2020-21 season. Thanks Hanks last year. Let them split it and then 2021-22 he takes over. That to me is the most ideal situation. Hopefully it could work out that way. I don't think there is any doubt left that he will at least get a shot in the NHL unless he decides he doesnt want to.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Can't be anything but hopeful with this kid as a Ranger fan.

They may have the worst system in the League, but they have one or two very promising players at each position.

Wish I could watch this kid more.

Anyway, with some Russians in the picture now, it looks like his chances of coming over in 2 years are pretty good.

What are these players at each postion? we have 3 legit NHLers and some hopefuls.

Lias Andersson, Center - Filip Chytil, Center - Igor Shestyorkin, Goaltender are the only ones i am confident have a career in the NHL.

Andersson as a Second and possibly first line center. Chytil as a 3rd line center with upside as a first line center or winger. Igor as a starting goalie.

Sean Day, Defenseman - Neal Pionk, Defenseman - Tim Gettinger, Center/Left Wing - Cristoval “Boo†Nieves, Center - Robin Kovacs, Left/Right Wing - Ryan Gropp, Left Wing are not sure fire NHLers. Most will probably get a game or two. Hopefully lots more. Day just reinvented himself so hopefully that drastically changes things. The rest though could just as well go bust as the could go to the NHL.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
What are these players at each postion? we have 3 legit NHLers and some hopefuls.

Lias Andersson, Center - Filip Chytil, Center - Igor Shestyorkin, Goaltender are the only ones i am confident have a career in the NHL.

Andersson as a Second and possibly first line center. Chytil as a 3rd line center with upside as a first line center or winger. Igor as a starting goalie.

Sean Day, Defenseman - Neal Pionk, Defenseman - Tim Gettinger, Center/Left Wing - Cristoval “Boo†Nieves, Center - Robin Kovacs, Left/Right Wing - Ryan Gropp, Left Wing are not sure fire NHLers. Most will probably get a game or two. Hopefully lots more. Day just reinvented himself so hopefully that drastically changes things. The rest though could just as well go bust as the could go to the NHL.

I'd argue the Rangers lack promising players at wing but DeAngelo and Bereglazov weren't even mentioned in this post. They are both surefire NHLers.

Can't wait for Shestyorkin! Best goalie prospect in the league.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

Day reinvented himself? What does that mean?

I think Pionk is a real good prospect...may not pan out but he was a good college player, only 22, does a lot of things quite well...

As also said Bereglazov and DeAngelo are quite good prospects though I guess it depends if you look at them as prospects.

Wing is pretty blah but you might always see someone like Chytil moved to wing at the NHL level

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I would be okay with him doing 1 extra year in the KHL and coming over for the 2020-21 season. Thanks Hanks last year. Let them split it and then 2021-22 he takes over. That to me is the most ideal situation. Hopefully it could work out that way. I don't think there is any doubt left that he will at least get a shot in the NHL unless he decides he doesnt want to.

We don't know if Hank will put up a .910 this season, let alone in a few years when he's theoretically declined even more. We need Shestyorkin as soon as he can play for us.

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT

I don't have time right now to list each position, but please name me a long list of other teams that yearly bring in 1-2 rookies that have become proven NHLers year after year.

With the core of the team still relatively young, they are in better shape than most like to acknowledge.

I am as pessimistic as they come, and no, with no tanking in their history, they aren't going to get a Crosby, Kane, Mathews-type player.

But they are still going to be a consistent playoff team year after year-no Cup in the future, but a good team that puts in a real effort.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
This guy is 40-5 in official matches for Russia and SKA the last two seasons.

One of the games for Russia I can't find the amount of shots he faced, but besides that match, he has a .939 SV% since the beginning of the 2016-17 season.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Mozyakin beat him a few times today, also did so last year in the Gagarin Cup. Gonna need to be ready for that type of shooting once he joins the NHL, a number of players can score like Mozyakin.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
He has pretty easy job playing behind team like that, probably that is why.

Not even true.. SKA's defense is really not that good although their forwards are stacked. Shesty has played well everywhere else as well, he's for sure not a product of them. Look at the saves he has to make every game. Last year out of the three big Russian goalies (Shesty, Samsonov, Sorokin) he faced the highest shots against per game also sporting the best save percentage. He's not the best prospect outside the NHL but he's definitely the best goalie prospect in my eyes although I will say it's a coin flip between him, Saros, and Samsonov. That's an ignorant claim to make

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
He has pretty easy job playing behind team like that, probably that is why.

You clearly don't know anything about SKA if you think this.

:shakehead

Do you even watch their games? Their D is not good. Koskinen and Shestyorkin have to work to put up the numbers they do.

Not a free ride just because they score a lot.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I know a "why isn't he the best prospect outside of the NHL" post was kind of asking for it, but it's amazing how people can't help themselves and want to **** on a promising prospect.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
If he's not that good, why does he always put up better numbers than Koskinen? Isn't Koskinen supposed to be the best goalie outside the NHL according to some?

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
It's difficult to argue that Shestyorkin's statistics aren't among the most impressive of any prospect, at any position, outside the NHL. His numbers are bonkers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad