GDT: G:25 Wild @ CBJ 6pm CT/2am Finland (FSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Disagree.

Face it, you just don't like Spurgeon. You never have good things to say about him, and want him traded.

He misplayed the first 2 GA, and then the 2 v 1 against with Parise trailing he played the shot and not the pass. His passes haven't been as good as normal tonight (not that many Wild players could make a pass) either.

I haven't said anything about trading him or bad about him in quite awhile. I've been against every trade with him involved lately. Do I think he's in the longterm plans for the team? No; but that's do to his age, injury history, and raise he's going to be getting.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He misplayed the first 2 GA, and then the 2 v 1 against with Parise trailing he played the shot and not the pass. His passes haven't been as good as normal tonight (not that many Wild players could make a pass) either.

I haven't said anything about trading him or bad about him in quite awhile. I've been against every trade with him involved lately. Do I think he's in the longterm plans for the team? No; but that's do to his age, injury history, and raise he's going to be getting.
Nope.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If forgot about that. Saw his head snapped back, and thought it was odd that he stayed in.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I didn't see the game, but this doesn't surprise me from how he's played for some time now.

I think we should let him sit out a few consecutive and see if it helps when he comes back after some rest and refocus time.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I didn't see the game, but this doesn't surprise me from how he's played for some time now.

I think we should let him sit out a few consecutive and s4 if it helps when he comes back after some rest and refocus time.

The problem with that is that he gets worse once people start talking about his play.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Not sure what's happening now, haven't seen enough games. But Dub's been between stellar and awkward most of his time here (most of the time stellar though).

When he's on, he's a wall. Sees everything, looks proactive and solid. But when something is off, it looks really clumsy. Shots come as surprise, even from poor angles, positioning is weird, reactions come late.

He'll find his game again. It's just a matter of timing. Now it's "good" time to be more or less off and be ready when the spring comes.

Reactions: FVM and 2Pair

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Or, maybe the timing of the nosedive in play is legit.

Either way, let him sit out a few. It's the right thing to do imo.

I noticed him sweating profusely too, which is a symptom of diabetic hypoglycemia. You hold him down while I jab a syringe full of neon sugar and Skittles saliva into that thumpy thing inside his chest.

Reactions: 2Pair

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Or, maybe the timing of the nosedive in play is legit.

Either way, let him sit out a few. It's the right thing to do imo.
Except he was just fine on the 15th against the Nucks.

I'm all for sitting him down whene he plays like this, but if it's only going to make him worse, you can't do it. Remember 2 years ago when Bruce pulled him from the Hawks game?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Except he was just fine on the 15th against the Nucks.

I'm all for sitting him down whene he plays like this, but if it's only going to make him worse, you can't do it. Remember 2 years ago when Bruce pulled him from the Hawks game?
So... playing him and talking about it makes it worse, and sitting him and giving him time makes it worse... You have to do something.

I'd rather sit him and play someone else in the mean time. Stalock has played well. Yes, he's a heart attack type player to watch, but he's played well. Dubs has not.

These aren't the days of Darcy Kuemper as an incapable backup.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
So... playing him and talking about it makes it worse, and sitting him and giving him time makes it worse... You have to do something.

I'd rather sit him and play someone else in the mean time. Stalock has played well. Yes, he's a heart attack type player to watch, but he's played well. Dubs has not.

I'd go the other way and play him. He gets better when see/feels more pucks in games. He played OTT on the 21st, then AZ on the 27th (14 shots, and didn't break a sweat until the 3rd), then CBJ on the 29th (and looked much better). If he sits the Tor game he'll have another 5 days between games.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

Judging by what has happened in the past, Boudreau seems to go with the plan of letting him play through it. Personally, I'm not a fan of watching Dubnyk when he's playing like this, but Boudreau knows what he's doing when it comes to understanding his players.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
If he has a concussion and is on the ice the Wild's medical staff needs to be fired.
Concussions aren't always easy to diagnose, and the player needs to reporting symptoms honestly to do so in mild cases.

We know not all players are willing to do so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad