Salary Cap: Future Roster Building (2017-18 and beyond) Pt. 4 | Contract/FA charts in Post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I'd imagine something around Maatta + 1st? Or Maatta + Sprong?

No. Really hard no. We do not need more wingers and we do not need an expensive would be centre who doesn't kill penalties. Do not need, do not want.

p.s. While spitballing ideas, how much does Komarov actually play at centre?

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I'd imagine something around Maatta + 1st? Or Maatta + Sprong?

I don't see a fit here. If he isn't responsible enough to play top 6 center in Montreal, he's certainly not going to be a 3C here. So he'd be a winger on a team that has an abundance of wingers with their biggest need to solidify center depth and possibly add a top 4 Dman.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Since I'm going mainly on stats and opinions on here when I throw out trade ideas, can you expand? Personally cheap defensively responsible veteran who is a boss at face offs sounds ideal as a short term plug - we do definitely need someone who can do faceoffs.

And Haula's better than Jarnkrok there, has better ES numbers this season, blocks more, hits more, does more takeaways, and is allegedly faster. I know the blunt stats tell little of the story, but I'm curious as to what you're seeing that says you'd rather have Jarnkrok for the first.

5 years at 2m is a very big incentive.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Connor is not a rookie. I think he would fit our system well. He can skate - esp for a big guy - and plays a more physical game the Olli. I think he would be a great fit for our current team needs...more so than Olli.

And neither is he an established top 4D who can play 20 minutes a night of very effective hockey.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Would Connor Murphy be available? Derrick Pouliot + Olli Maatta be in the ball park?

How about RFA rights to Zemgus Girgensons? 2nd round pick? What terms would he get on a new deal? 3 x $2.5?

Thanks.

I bet the Coyotes like Murphy enough not to talk trades with him. With that, I don't see him being some sort of upgrade to Maatta. Certainly not enough to give them Pouliot on top of that.

Girgensons is another decent target I agree. But to me, he's the kid of guy that if can sign for that, Buffalo should keep him.

Why would we trade Pouliot + Maatta for Murphy? We just won the Cup with Olli playing a pretty significant role. If he's traded, it needs to be in a package for a legit upgrade, not a rookie (who is older than Maatta) off a decent season. Arizona needs to add a lot to get Maatta for Murphy.

This.

Bozak will cost us less than Galchenyuk.

I think Galchenyuk could absolutely thrive here though. 3C responsibilities and he'll be given good wingers. As the article suggests, not sure what we could give Montreal that would make sense but if there's a deal to be swung, I'd absolutely pull the trigger.

Take our return and add to it to get Duchene? No idea.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
So I was just playing around with some faceoff stats -

If we trade for Bozak and Vermette, I cannot see it costing that much. If you take their career numbers and then assume that Bozak would take over Bonino's duties in the dot and Vermette would take Cullen's, we would go from 47% in the dot which ranked us 28th in the NHL this season, we would jump to 52% which would be good enough for 6th in the NHL.

I wouldn't ignore how badly we need to upgrade out team in the dot. With the game we play, improving in the dot makes us even harder to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad