Future Coyotes Scoreboard Watch

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Yotes should just draft Marner this year and take the whole London Knights 1st line. Wonder if that has ever happend before?

I'm pretty sure every Coyotes fan on this board agrees that our top 3 for this draft are:

McDavid
Eichel
Marner

Either of the first two would be absolutely amazing, especially McDavid, but Marner is a realllllllllly exciting pick as well. Ugh. This draft is going to be so fun to watch. I literally have not been so excited for a season to end.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I'm pretty sure every Coyotes fan on this board agrees that our top 3 for this draft are:

McDavid
Eichel
Marner

Either of the first two would be absolutely amazing, especially McDavid, but Marner is a realllllllllly exciting pick as well. Ugh. This draft is going to be so fun to watch. I literally have not been so excited for a season to end.

We're going to go full Blake Wheeler watch.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I literally have not been so excited for a season to end.

:laugh:

Now THAT'S FUNNY, as the truth so often is. Hadn't really thought about it, but yeah, between the dismal play we typically see this year and the excitement of the draft; what I usually dread (season's end) is actually something to look forward to!

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg

McDavid
Eichel
Marner

I haven't made up my mind yet on #3. I agree that Marner is the better player right now. I see a lot of room for Strome to improve and I wonder if he'll become the more valuable player. I just really, really want McEichel.

huhwhtfkr

Aug 21, 2010
nice move. i think the little red button has popped on him.
731bbca51d2760fadf2ce156d2859bbe.jpg

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
We're going to go full Blake Wheeler watch.

If we go off the reservation with a pick, I hope it's Barzal. Outside of that, I think the top six or so are clearly a step above the rest.

That is a pop-up timer for cooking

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Updated

Perlini had a better week, Dvorak continues to dominate. Truly remarkable that he is hovering around 2ppg and getting recognized by Button as the #7 prospect.

Domingue is really stepping up in Portland, I'd like him to get a look on the big club, after we've secured a top 2 pick.

The only disappointments we've had this year are Kulda and I was expecting better than .46 from Samuelsson. But I can't fault him too much because of the center depth in Portland. I mean Bolduc, Martinook and whoever else they have there aren't the best centers.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Kulda was always going to be a bottom 6 role player. If he makes it to the NHL that's a win for a 7th rounder with a name that wasn't even known by Maloney.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I liked the Kulda pick...the 7th round picks are like other selections, the kids still have to have some skill in order to make it to the show.

Player picks like Fiegl, Soleway, etc...I could go on and on with Coyote 7th rounders (2nd through 7th rounders in some drafts) but those guys don't have a chance at making it to the pros.

There were still quite a few guys on the board in the 7th round that could have been taken like Aho. I'm just not sure what our scouting department sees in players like Fiegl or Soleway?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I'm just not sure what our scouting department sees in players like Fiegl or Soleway?

Kids that can be stashed away and developed in college. Pick someone with raw tools that you like, hope they develop.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Kids that can be stashed away and developed in college. Pick someone with raw tools that you like, hope they develop.

Yes, I'm questioning our scouts thinking they have the "raw tools" to actually ever make it.

Watching Fiegl/Soleway at prospects camp it was clearly obvious that they didn't belong...which is why I'd question the scouts that said they thought they could make it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad