Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Domi 3 assists, +4
Dvorak goal, 2 assists, +4

Marner out with an injury

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
And 2002's was Gilbert Brule.

I'd forgotton about #2 Bertram. The hype around him alongside Brule was unreal.

2007 has Arizonan native Luke Moffatt.. Had high hopes at the time that he would be a big-time prospect. Ended up a 7th round pick. Graduated college now and playing for Frolunda.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Perlini and MacInnis with two goal nights. The latter with an assist and +4 in a win.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
MacInnis is proving to be further along in his development than I thought.

I thought for sure that he'd be between a .60-.70ppg player this year, but he's basically a PPG player, which is great.

Bunting had another goal tonight and Perlini netted 2 and Dauphin had 2 assists.

Dauphin's numbers are pretty impressive when you consider his team blows.

Also Samuelsson with a goal and helper tonight. Doing much better in his last 10 games...maybe he's turned a corner.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Updated.

I must have jinxed Fejes, 4 games, and zilch.

the OHL kids were good this week, and Langhammer must have been hurt, because he's only had 1 start in 2 weeks, but he played yesterday and gave up 3 goals.

Can't wait to see where the Coyotes players are in the prospect rankings.

Domi should be in the top 5, Dvorak should be in the top 20 and Perlini should be in the top 30. MacInnis and Dauphin should be in the top 50.

Then you still have the possibility of Bunting in the top 75, and then you have Mayo who might be in the top 100

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
If you watch Marner highlights, you see a ton of Dvorak. Half of the time, his plays look more impressive than Marner's

More often that not it's Dvorak with the pass to Marner. Marner can finish no doubt, but after watching most/all of everything that is out there, i'd conclude that Dvorak is driving more of the plays than Marner.

Which is nice, since we're going to go on a winning streak and completely deflate our chances at getting either of McDavid or Eichel.

I really wanted to get Eichel.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Updated

Nice to see both MacInnis and Perlini begin to pick up their games...especially MacInnis. Dauphin had a good week along with Kulda (finally) and Dysin Mayo had a great week for a defensemen.

Dvorak and Domi with only 3pts each in 4 games, and it seems that London is fading down the stretch.

One guy that has fallen off the planet is LaPlante. I think he's got 1pt in his last 14 games or something like that.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Getting a little worried about H Samuelsson's production. Anyone wanna give me a reason not to fret? Looking at Lessio and Reider both look like they will have much better rookie seasons in the AHL.

At this point I really hope he stays in Portland next season, but we really don't have better wingers coming in for him to play with.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Getting a little worried about H Samuelsson's production. Anyone wanna give me a reason not to fret? Looking at Lessio and Reider both look like they will have much better rookie seasons in the AHL.

At this point I really hope he stays in Portland next season, but we really don't have better wingers coming in for him to play with.

Mantha is scoring at the same rate his first AHL season, despite being the more gifted player in pretty much every single way. And Grand Rapids has scored twenty more goals.

Slighty concerned. But give him the rest of the year, playoffs, and an offseason to train before you panic.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014

It doesn't seem like anyone in Portland are having stellar offensive years, I don't watch games though so I can't really say anything. Even Lessio was preformimg at a lesser pace than he was last year.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Yeah took a look at Portland stats last year and this years point totals a way down. Pretty amazing seeing Miele with 72 points. Shame he couldn't translate to the NHL.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I still think Hank Sam will get a taste of the NHL this year. Probably post-deadline once we clear out a few roster spaces up front.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
I'm not too worried about Samuelsson. Although I have my doubts about him as a top-6 guy in the NHL, his stats in the AHL this year aren't too bad. I haven't seen him play in Portland, but he's on pace for 19 goals which isn't bad for a rookie season in pro hockey. The AHL is no pushover league; there are some good players. You could make the argument that a few more assists would be nice (he only has 13), but the Coyotes desperately need players who can finish, so that isn't even a primary concern.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Not worried about HS at all. He will be just fine.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
MacInnis is proving to be further along in his development than I thought.

I thought for sure that he'd be between a .60-.70ppg player this year, but he's basically a PPG player, which is great.

Bunting had another goal tonight and Perlini netted 2 and Dauphin had 2 assists.

Dauphin's numbers are pretty impressive when you consider his team blows.

Also Samuelsson with a goal and helper tonight. Doing much better in his last 10 games...maybe he's turned a corner.

Oiler fan here...I live in a town that is connected to Kitchener. I don't follow the Rangers as closely as I once did but still watch 20-30 or so games a year. MacInnis was a guy I was hoping the Oilers might get in a later round. He is definitely a solid all round player. Great size, responsible in his own end and a guy who knows how to play the game. He is more of a playmaker than a finisher (though he has a decent shot) which hurts his numbers somewhat because the Rangers are more of a score by committee team than many teams in the OHL. There are no high end offensive guys to help pad his numbers so he is earning his near ppg totals. Could end up being a solid NHL'er for a lot of years.

BTW, it is nice to see Rieder playing well for the Yotes. He was one of my favourite prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad