Speculation: Future Coach of the Sens | Part III - Revenge of the Yeo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Othello*

The apologists are becoming unbearable. Bruce was the guy if he accepts the offer he is the coach not Yeo not anyone else. Trying to say BB at 3 years is great but a 4th year makes someone else at 3 a better option is ****ing absurd. Wake up ! If it was about not being ****ing cheap an extra year would of been instantly matched.

A lot of people over the years made fun of Leaf fans for being sheep and continuing to line the pockets of mlse without forcing them to do better. This is what the sens fan base is becoming...

How can anyone argue this team is trending in a direction that would make a player of Karlssons status want to stay here for life ?
PREACH!!!

This team has been going in the wrong direction for too long.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Being done with something usually means you don't ***** to the internet about it.

I don't think he said he's done with the team, or did I miss something?

Is EM making money from traffic here on HFboards? Please let me know if so, I will delete my account in a heartbeat.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I've been ripped to shreds the last few days by other posters on here because I felt like Minnesota was showing a lot more interest in Boudreau than we were, and that we we gambling too hard on the family card...

Does Melnykphobia# sound familiar to anyone around here (i think that was it, but you guys know who you are). Hopefully they're hanging their heads in shame right now for supporting that boob.

I fully support your plans to stop supporting the team financially, I'll be doing the same. I usually get down there for 3 or 4 games a year, but if I go to any next year, it will be in either Toronto, Montreal or Buffalo (or maybe all 3!).

Melnyk wanting to meet with Boudreau didn't cost us Boudreau. Our valuation of him (and an extra year) did. Complain about that, and I'll fully be in agreement.

The problem is with the choice our management made (not offering 4 years) not with Melnyk wanting to talk to the candidate.

Perhaps Melnyk is the reason we didn't offer a 4th year, maybe he isn't, but that doesn't change that him wanting to talk to the final two candidates before making the offer was a perfectly reasonable thing.

Jeez, losing out on Boudreau sucks, he was my #1 choice too, but some people are acting like spoiled brats. My kids complain less we I tell them they can't have a chocolate bar at the grocery store

I fully support you and others withholding your financial support, maybe I'll hear less crying and moaning when I go to games.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I guess it's easier to blame the man at the top rather and claim moral superiority, rather than look in the mirror.
Meh, easy to feed line and lie. Rather than being a man that stick to his words ,actions do speak louder than words .But .......we are talking about EM :laugh:

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Disappointed to hear the news about Boudreau. Not upset with Dorion, once again the final decision is made by Melnyk.

I fully expect Yeo to be our next head coach.

Why not sign him 2 Weeks ago then? Just wanted to do this Boudreau embarrassment and make us look
Mickey Mouse before we bring in the '2nd best choice for coach'

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Melnyk wanting to meet with Boudreau didn't cost us Boudreau. Our valuation of him (and an extra year) did.

The problem is with the choice our management made (not offering 4 years) not with Melnyk wanting to talk to the candidate.

Perhaps Melnyk is the reason we didn't offer a 4th year, maybe he isn't, but that doesn't change that him wanting to talk to the final two candidates before making the offer was a perfectly reasonable thing.

Jeez, losing out on Boudreau sucks, he was my #1 choice too, but some people are acting like spoiled brats. My kids complain less we I tell them they can't have a chocolate bar at the grocery store

I fully support you and others withholding your financial support, maybe I'll hear less crying and moaning when I go to games.

Well said.

Othello*

I've been ripped to shreds the last few days by other posters on here because I felt like Minnesota was showing a lot more interest in Boudreau than we were, and that we we gambling too hard on the family card...

Does Melnykphobia# sound familiar to anyone around here (i think that was it, but you guys know who you are). Hopefully they're hanging their heads in shame right now for supporting that boob.
Funny how all the people who claimed Melnykphobia are not here now. You were 1000% right.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Melnyk wanting to meet with Boudreau didn't cost us Boudreau. Our valuation of him (and an extra year) did. Complain about that, and I'll fully be in agreement.

While I agree that concrete facts like less term etc are the only way to truly evaluate why he didnt come here.... However if Mclean is in Boudreau's ear at all then he meets Melnyk who recently in every interview has come off a borderline clinically insane how can that not be a deterrent. Working for such a loose cannon cannot inspire hope or the element of job security.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Funny how all the people who claimed Melnykphobia are not here now. You were 1000% right.

I'm right here,

No, he isn't

Melnyk may have nixed a 4th year, he may not have. We don't know, but that's not important in this case. The whole idea of Melnykphobia is the fear derived from innocuous comments or actions by him.

If you are worried that our budget may affect our signings, that's great. It's reasonable. We're a budget team and other teams can out bid us.

If you are worried about him wanting to talk to the candidate prior to making an offer, and the best guy might get scooped up because we aren't acting fast enough, or that he'll say something during the process that will scare off a candidate, that's not.

We made an offer, it was rejected. Melnyk wanting to talk to Boudreau didn't affect anything that we know of, our valuation of his services, and willingness to accept the risk of a 4th year did. Melnyk may be the reason we are risk adverse in that regard, he may not. Dorion may have banked on a gut feeling that Boudreau would sign here no matter what for all we know.

Whatever the reason we didn't offer the 4th year, it backfired. It sucks, but it is what it is, however, the irrational fear that talking our time with the process, having the owner talk to candidates, and doing our due diligence in the process is still just that; completely irrational.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury

And yet the excuses still flow freely out of you, and your still unable to admit that our cheap as owner and/or incompetent GM is the reason we don't have "our guy", he signed with another team.

I said we acted like a Mickey Mouse club from the start. From the lack of initiative, to the extra interviews with our special owner, to the indecisiveness, and finally the low ball offer.

When you take a step back and look at this in a week or two, most people will probably agree with me.

And FYI, you are also here posting about this event, and have been throughout, so obviously care just as much about this as we do. It's a board for opinions, what else do you expect to find here?

You just feel like your superior by acting like it's no big deal that our management totally flubbed this whole thing up, but you really aren't.

The fact that you want to blow by this like it's no big deal makes me seriously question your knowledge and passion level as a fan. This was piss poor management, and we as the fans are the biggest losers in this.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Well hopefully we can scrounge up something decent from the bargain bin.

Probably a bright young up and comer.

At this point, I would be interested in Sheldon Keefe. You know he's going to be an NHL coach eventually, and probably a very successful one. Why not get in on the ground floor with a guy like that?

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014
And FYI, you are also here posting about this event, and have been throughout, so obviously care just as much about this as we do. It's a board for opinions, what else do you expect to find here?

You just feel like your superior by acting like it's no big deal that our management totally flubbed this whole thing up, but you really aren't.
Totally agree.

Management dropped a huge ball on this one. We as fans should unite and voice our dissatisfaction with Melnyk.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
What's with all the fighting.
We should be united on this one. Based on the evidence we have. It seems likely, we could have had Boudreau if we offered him one more year in the 2.75 - 3 vicinity.
This is disappointing. Somehow between Dorion and Melnyk we didn't step up.

A take

http://www.silversevensens.com/2016/5/8/11624858/losing-out-on-boudreau-just-another-shortcoming-in-ho-hum-era

And that's because some people can't swallow their pride and admit they backed up a boob, and were wrong. If we got Bruce, I would have been wrong.

As you said, every shred of evidence points to an ooops by management. Lame that we can't at least unite on that....

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
What's with all the fighting.
We should be united on this one. Based on the evidence we have. It seems likely, we could have had Boudreau if we offered him one more year in the 2.75 - 3 vicinity.
This is disappointing. Somehow between Dorion and Melnyk we didn't step up.

A take

http://www.silversevensens.com/2016/5/8/11624858/losing-out-on-boudreau-just-another-shortcoming-in-ho-hum-era

In other words, without knowing at all what Boudreau himself wanted, it's likely that blah blah blah.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
And yet the excuses still flow freely out of you, and your still unable to admit that our cheap as owner and/or incompetent GM is the reason we don't have "our guy", he signed with another team.

I said we acted like a Mickey Mouse club from the start. From the lack of initiative, to the extra interviews with our special owner, to the indecisiveness, and finally the low ball offer.

When you take a step back and look at this in a week or two, most people will probably agree with me.

The fact that you want to blow by this like it's no big deal makes me seriously question your knowledge and passion level as a fan. This was piss poor management, and we as the fans are the biggest losers in this.

My problem is with the crying and moaning over the non-issues, and the lack of focus on the actual issues.

The real issue is that management screwed up in evaluating the value of Boudreau, and the cost it would take to get him here. Talk all you want about that, and I'll agree. No excuses here.

Now, if you continue to rant about how Melnyk's desire to meet with the candidates cost us, or that we didn't fly down immediately to meet him, well that's nonsense.

We were given the same chance to negotiate a contract as any other team. The time it took to have the interviews isn't the issue, nor is Melnyk talking to Boudreau, and in all likelihood neither is any of the crap he said. The problem was a risk adverse decision to not offer a 4th year.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
After reflection, I'm done caring who coaches this team. As long as they permabench Borowiecki and play Neil the absolute bare minimum the ****ing Janitor can coach this team and I wouldn't mind. No sense in getting excited about this organization or any of its moves.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
So any confirmed facts about why BB chose Minny over Ottawa?

Yost says it's money

Garrioch says it's term

Yost's personal beef with Melnyk is well documented and his ineptitude at player evaluation (Weircioch :laugh:) means I don't take him seriously

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014
My problem is with the crying and moaning over the non-issues, and the lack of focus on the actual issues.

The real issue is that management screwed up in evaluating the value of Boudreau, and the cost it would take to get him here. Talk all you want about that, and I'll agree. No excuses here.

Now, if you continue to rant about how Melnyk's desire to meet with the candidates cost us, or that we didn't fly down immediately to meet him, well that's nonsense.

We were given the same chance to negotiate a contract as any other team. The time it took to have the interviews isn't the issue, nor is Melnyk talking to Boudreau, and in all likelihood neither is any of the crap he said. The problem was a risk adverse decision to not offer a 4th year.

Another poster who can't swallow their pride and admit their wrong. Melnykphobia amirite?

You also keep yapping about how the only issue Sam raises is about how Melnyk wanted to meet Boudrea; however, if that was truly the only issue nobody would be "whining".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad