Speculation: Future Coach of the Sens | Part III - Revenge of the Yeo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Chelfan31 said:
Mickelbot, again I think you fail to touch on the true issue with this team. It's not coaching that's the main problem, its player personel. Its the array of players assembled; which the coach has to choose and play.

I do read a fair bit of your posts, and their always seems to be a huge defensive wall with them anytime anyone even questions management...I do think recent coaching should shoulder some of the blame, but management should bear most of the accountability.

Management certainly deserves blame for the coaches they chose, and the group of players they've assembled. The d has been atrocious for a while (might be better with Phaneuf for a full year), and the selection of coaches has been unsatisfactory to this point. What I'm contesting is the insinuation that management is further hindering the coach in his choices and autonomy. It unsubstantiated, and well, when people start building narratives without any basis in reality, I'll call them out on it.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Man I was really enjoying watching the last thread. As someone who listened to the pts interview I found it quite comical watching the posts. It's also hilarious the amount of people on here that will voice such strong opinions without doing 30 seconds of research. I salute the type of person who will lose his mind and post ridiculous posts without knowing a single fact, you guys are the internet.

2CHHHAAAIIIINNNZZZ

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Man I was really enjoying watching the last thread. As someone who listened to the pts interview I found it quite comical watching the posts. It's also hilarious the amount of people on here that will voice such strong opinions without doing 30 seconds of research. I salute the type of person who will lose his mind and post ridiculous posts without knowing a single fact, you guys are the internet.

2CHHHAAAIIIINNNZZZ

They read the bloggers who continuously crap all over anything that involves this team (except the HockeyBuzz chap). They don't need no facts, they read the talking heads reports. Those reports are also usually backed up by analytics by the way.

You know who hates analytics? The Senators! Clearly it cannot be a coincidence.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I would definitely prefer Boudreau, but if Dorion has his aim on Yeo, so be it. Either way, I hope he gets his first choice and isn't forced into anything either through lack of funds or a poor working environment reputation.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
We should have had a welcoming party for Boudreau once he landed. If i lived in Ottawa, i would have gotten KFC and brought it to the airport with me and welcomed him to Ottawa.

Last edited:

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
They read the bloggers who continuously crap all over anything that involves this team (except the HockeyBuzz chap). They don't need no facts, they read the talking heads reports. Those reports are also usually backed up by analytics by the way.

You know who hates analytics? The Senators! Clearly it cannot be a coincidence.

2CHAINZ don't do analytics he only does dollars.

2CHHHAAAIIIINNNZZZ

SawyerFord

Mar 6, 2016
Garrioch was saying that if Dorion is impressed with Boudreau he could suggest to Boudreau to not leave town yet.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I do feel like Ottawa has the upper hand here just because of family reasons.

His daughter has been retweeting Boudreau to Ottawa tweets and she has probably called his father asking him to take the job if offered.

Probably nagging him right now about it. :laugh:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I would definitely prefer Boudreau, but if Dorion has his aim on Yeo, so be it. Either way, I hope he gets his first choice and isn't forced into anything either through lack of funds or a poor working environment reputation.

Isnt Melnyk doing the interviews too or is involved atleast?

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Okay, this article is saying that Calgary hasn't received permission to speak to Boudreau yet:

"Here's what we know: Boudreau can talk to Ottawa and Minnesota, but nobody else (as of this publication) has been granted permission to speak with him."

http://www.hockeywilderness.com/201...algary-flames-ottawa-senators-coaching-search

This contradicts what was said yesterday by that other media person.

Dater said the Flames made him an offer.

I'm not really sure how it works.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I just call people out when they make outlandish claims. You honestly think outsiders see Paddock saying he's not sure about whether they can fine or suspend Emery for being late because he missed a flight (actually it was a accident on the highway) will be perceived as management not giving him autonomy? That's absurd.

You think that outsiders will think that MacLean didn't have autonomy because, well you really didn't give a reason other than he lost the room when he tried to tighten up defensively. Again, there's no evidence, just random speculation twisted to paint a sinister picture of management.

You think that throwing Cameron under the bus when it's clear he was a goner will be perceived as not giving him autonomy? Well, it was poor judgement by Melnyk for sure, and not professional but to perceive it as an indication of a lack of autonomy is a giant leap.

You've decided on a narrative, and are manipulating events to suit it. I mean, maybe Boudreau doesn't want to deal with Melnyk, but there's no evidence that Melnyk is telling his coaches how to run the ship.

In fact, we have evidence of Murray trading a player (Prince) because his coach wasn't big on him. Murray called up players when we had guys ridding the pine (McCormick, Puempel, Druizynski ect), that's not telling the guy how to use his assets, that's giving him choices. Cameron freaking played a Dman as a forward rather than play Prince, you'd think that if Murray was pulling the strings, maybe he'd have suggested playing forwards as forwards and D as D.

From the outside looking in, Ottawa was a team with some pretty poor coaching over the last 8 years, that's how I see it. I imagine that's how most rational people see it as well.

When Melnyk says stupid stuff, go ahead and call him out for it. When Murray made poor decisions, ditto. When Cameron decides to play Boro as a forward, he'll get called out on it too. The problem is some people try to find negative spin on everything even the innocuous

Management certainly deserves blame for the coaches they chose, and the group of players they've assembled. The d has been atrocious for a while (might be better with Phaneuf for a full year), and the selection of coaches has been unsatisfactory to this point. What I'm contesting is the insinuation that management is further hindering the coach in his choices and autonomy. It unsubstantiated, and well, when people start building narratives without any basis in reality, I'll call them out on it.

Thank goodness for your rational posts. Chelfan31 if the issue was really the players on the ice more than the coaching how can you possibly explain this teams terrible pp and pk advanced stats and mismanagement of players like Prince. This is coaching its blatantly obvious. Its very hard to judge this group yet when they have never had a competent NHL coach and they are still so young. Ignoring the fact that the owner is clearly involved in the day to day operations and management of the team then blaming the GM for the players isnt taking the entire picture into context.

A team isnt the 6th highest scoring team in the NHL while the PP bottoms out because of the talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad