OT: Futbol II

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
So Chelski is at Basel today and as far as I can tell the Blues just took their first shot 72 minutes into the game. Not their first shot on goal, their first shot period. At Basel.

It doesn't really matter as Chelski is coming out of that group but still.

Burakovsky95*

Wilshere's 1st goal today was a beauty. Ozil couldn't convert on a penalty but assisted Wilshere for his 2nd of the match. Marseille was never a threat at the Emirates the entire match.

InfernalDark*

2014 FIFA World Cup Group stage

Group A :
1. Brazil
2. Croatia
3. Mexico
4. Cameroon

Group B:
1. Spain
2. Netherlandsi
3. Chile
4. Australia

Group C:
1. Colombia
2. Greece
3. Ivory Coast
4. Japan

Group D:
1. Uruquay
2. Costa Rica
3. England
4. Italy

Group E:
1. Switzerland
2. Ecuador
3. France
4. Honduras

Group F:
1. Argentina
2. Bosnia and Herzegovina
3. Iran
4. Nigeria

Group G:
1. Germany
2. Ghana
3. USA
4. Portugal

Group H:
1. Belgium
2. Algeria
3. Russia
4. South Korea

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Moyes... Moyes... Do your ****ing job.

Taking over for Ferguson was always going to be difficult and Moyes obviously isn't thriving in the position but given that this is basically the same team Ferguson took to the title last year where they sit now IMO says a whole lot more about Ferguson than it does Moyes.

QuadrupleDeke

33% more deke
Aug 6, 2009
Boston, MA
Well, that could've gone better for Arsenal (could've gone worse too, if they gave up one more goal).

Guaranteed to draw either Real Madrid, Barcelona, Paris Saint-Germain, Bayern Munich, or Atletico Madrid in the knockout round of 16.

Yikes.

A draw or win today (or a Dortmund draw or loss today) would've given them possibilities of Bayer Leverkusen, Galatasaray, Olympiacos, Schalke 04, Zenit St Petersburg, or AC Milan.

Also, they play the second leg away now, instead of at home.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Guaranteed to draw either Real Madrid, Barcelona, Paris Saint-Germain, Bayern Munich, or Atletico Madrid in the knockout round of 16.

Yikes.

True but none of those teams want to draw the Gunners also, especially since a not as good as this version of Arsenal went into Munich last year and won the away leg.

Burakovsky95*

Gnabry impressed me tons. Good to see Rosicky get on the scoresheet, he deserved it. Walcott holding up the 2-0 to the Spuds fans was icing on the cake.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
TOUGH loss Arsenal (Walcott). He's one of my favorites to watch.

Sunderland beats Man U. 3rd loss in a row....wow.

When was the last time Man U didn't finish in the top-4?

Last edited:

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
TOUGH loss Arsenal (Walcott). He's one of my favorites to watch.

Sunderland beats Man U. 3rd loss in a row....wow.

Yeah losing Walcott is a blow but Gnabry looks like a decent replacement on the wing at least and the Ox is supposed to be back some time relatively soon. Losing another option to lead the attack is a tough one though. Wenger needed to bring in someone before this to help lead the attack and now he really needs to.

I'm not shocked ManUre lost today but I still expect them to go through to the final where they will likely get trounced by Citeh...

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

SashaSemin28

My Krasnaya Mashina
Mar 11, 2013
Darwen, England.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/23/arsene-wenger-juan-mata-chelsea-united

Interesting "strategy" by Jose. Pumping up a big rival who your opposition plays a handful of times still. Why not bolster Man U at this point I guess. It can only help them THIS year. Kills me to see Mata leaving though....such a great player. Maybe a tad too slow and slight of build and average defensively, but so so skilled.

We shouldn't have sold to United under any circumstances especially after the Rooney stuff in the summer. Yes, United won't be great this year, but in the future, like all of our other domestic sellings, it will bite us on the backside down the line. If (and its a big if), United do get who they are linked with, we will look like absolute morons. I love Jose, but this seems a personal move not a professional move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad