OT: Futbol II

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Abbreviations like EPL and BPL I really don't understand, if it's shortened it's the prem. Besides it can't really be called the English Premier League with those sheep shaggers Cardiff and Swansea in ;)

Call it what you want. I use EPL because it was the English 1st division, regardless of Welsh clubs playing in it, and I don't call any competition the sponsored name. So the League Cup will always be the League Cup to me regardless of who this year's sponsor is.

SashaSemin28

My Krasnaya Mashina
Mar 11, 2013
Darwen, England.
Call it what you want. I use EPL because it was the English 1st division, regardless of Welsh clubs playing in it, and I don't call any competition the sponsored name. So the League Cup will always be the League Cup to me regardless of who this year's sponsor is.

Its just confusing as nobody in England calls it the EPL.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I'll tAke it sheepishly (Chelsea goal) I like EPL myself over BPL. Premiership sounds good but Prem. Abbreviation is vaguish...for non UK people IMO,that's all.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Shots on goal were 3 to 2 Dortmund, possession was 51/49 Arsenal, and Ramsey's other shot that was saved was better than any of Dortmund's chances. I wouldn't call that stealing the points.

Yes because shots on goal says so much. Dortmund took 15 shots to Arsenal's 4. Arsenal didn't take a single shot in the first half. Szczesny was fantastic. Dortmund was the better team by a decent amount but just couldn't break through. It's football, it happens, and I couldn't be happier...

Burakovsky95*

What a game from that back 4. Mertesacker and Koscielny were absolutely brilliant.

Burakovsky95*

Yes because shots on goal says so much. Dortmund took 15 shots to Arsenal's 4. Arsenal didn't take a single shot in the first half. Szczesny was fantastic. Dortmund was the better team by a decent amount but just couldn't break through. It's football, it happens, and I couldn't be happier...

And IMO in the game at the Emirates, Arsenal were the better side but took the loss. Evened out I guess.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Looks like France may have to sit out this next WC :)

Though I guess it would be unfortunate to not have Ribery there.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
France is very capable of overturning that 2-0 deficit at home.

Croatia is the only European playoff team through after the 1st leg IMO and they were through when the draw was made, though I guess Iceland could have squeaked out a 1-0 home win and parked the bus away.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Capable sure, but Ukraine is a strong defensive team ...that's a lot to overcome on the road.

France is done IMO. Will take a superhero result from horsetoothed Ribery IMO.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Capable sure, but Ukraine is a strong defensive team ...that's a lot to overcome on the road.

But the 2nd leg is played at the Stade de France and for a good team overcoming a 2 goal lead at home, regardless of the opposition, isn't that big of a task if they play decently

I'm fairly confident France will win the match. Now can they avoid giving up a precious away goal thus forcing them to win by 3? That I am much less confident about...

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Sakho and Benzema have gotten those 2 goals back in the 1st half. Now can they get another without giving up that crucial away goal...?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad